Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas Recap 2014

Happy Monday!

I hope this week after Christmas Monday finds you well. We have been in a sort of time warp for a over a week now. Dad was home, school was out and if you asked me what day it was I had to check my phone before answering. It was wonderful. I really hate sending the hubby back to work after having him home for 9 day but at least this week will be a short one.

I thought it would be nice to give a little holiday recap on the blog today.

Let's start with Christmas eve.

Christmas eve was celebrated with Russ' parents. We met up at their house for dinner, then went to Christmas eve service. 

I love Christmas eve service.



This picture is a bit dark, but apparently I missed the wear red and black preferably plaid memo. 


After service we met Russ' parents at our house for cookies and presents. First Christmas presents of the year meant the girls were just a little bit wound up and overly excited. They practically tackled their grandparents. Games, cookies, talk of Santa and we all ended up staying up to late. 



The next day we woke up and I put our traditional breakfast right in the oven. We always make cinnamon rolls of some kind. This year the girls chose orange rolls.



. After breakfast and what felt like FOREVER (to them), we finally let them open up their gifts



"Bob" had the idea to leave them elf dolls.



And hearing this girl scream and jump around the house yelling "I got my Christmas wish" when she opened her panda brought tears to my eyes. 


Marissa brought out her homemade presents that she made in secret and wrapped in shoe boxes. What a huge heart that lovely young woman has. She made me a pot holder, Russ an ornament and gave Emily a pouch full of her change she collects. 


Next up was lunch and more presents with my parents. 



It was a great Christmas with so many reminders of how exceedingly and abundantly blessed we are.


How was your Christmas?

post signature


8 comments:

  1. How sweet is Marissa?! What a thoughtful little lady!

    Don't you love Christmas through the eyes of your child! It's just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful time! I love that action picture too - Christmas with kids is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Marisa made you presents! So sweet. We had cinnamon rolls too - sounds like a great tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful Christmas!!

    Abigail had the same reaction to a present she got and it seriously was the best thing ever. I've never been a big "reactor" to gifts, so it's always fun to see when other people are. I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! I love the homemade gifts! I absolutely can't imagine the emotion when sweet girl jumped up and down screaming over her panda! So sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gawd. Those rolls look super yummy. I feel you on having to go to 190939689 places for the Holidays. Us too. Your family is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful couple of days! I LOVE that blurry picture of her jumping up and down yelling "I got my Christmas wish". So sweet! Seriously the best feeling as a parent.
    Also, those cinnamon rolls look amazing! Jealous of your Christmas breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such sweet gifts from Marisa <3 That blurry picture is just the best. Perfectly captures that moment.

    ReplyDelete