Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday Favorites 8.29.14

Friday!

Labor Day weekend is finally here. In my head signifies the close of all things summer, which only makes me want to embrace any and all things fall even more than I already am.

We will be spending the holiday weekend at home, trying to stay cool. Which probably means staying inside, BOO! Unfortunately the summer weather finally decided to kick in just about the same time that the pools closed and school resumed, *deep sigh*. I hope you all have more exciting plans than we do.

Here are this weeks Friday 5!

{ONE} Silver Dollar City Trip

I spent yesterday having fun ,AKA melting, at Silver Dollar City. Meme and Papa wanted to take the girls and they were nice enough to let me tag along to.


 The best part about Silver Dollar City with Papa (besides the quality time with Papa, obviously), he spoils us rotten. I am pretty sure I ate about 2 or 3 days worth of calories in 8 hours. Cinnamon rolls the size of your face, funnel cake, pizza, frozen lemonade and taffy. Who could resist a "little" splurging. I would have been rude to say no, right?!


{TWO} Fall Baking

I spent Wednesday in the kitchen experimenting and playing with a new recipe. I can't give to many details away but it is a super yummy easy to make fall flavored bagel and it will be my next contributor post on Beauty Through Imperfection. 


So excited about this recipe!

I will keep you posted when it publishes in the next couple weeks. 

{THREE} Toothless Grin

I adore this picture. What better way to remember a toothless grin than with an extreme close up. 


And just in case you missed it, I dished the dirt on all of the tooth drama that has been our life lately. 

{FOUR} Inside Out


Anyone?

Embarrassingly enough I seldom take the time to reverse them when and if I finally do notice. 

{FIVE} The Little Old Lady

Fall is on the brain and the other day I just happened to stumble across one of our favorite fall/ Halloween books. Marissa fell in love with this book at Pre-K and it has been a favorite ever since. 


If you don't already own it pick up a copy and make sure to check out these adorable printables that make the story even more fun. We put some contact paper on ours in hopes they would last for a few years. Interactive story time at home, it doesn't get much better than that!

Have a great Labor Day weekend!


post signature


9 comments:

  1. Bagels are my favorite, I have no control when it comes to those carbs!! I can't wait to check out that recipe; any chance you know when that'll be? I have definitely put on my underwear inside out a handful of times, and never fix it either. I just wonder how I made it out of the house those days, I was clearly to tired to function.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so ready for fall baking! Also I love that story. My first graders love it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bagels and that tease about it sounds so yummy! Looks like you all had such a fun day! Sometimes a long holiday weekend at home is just right so enjoy the weekend and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love SDC! That snaggle tooth is adorable!!! Have a great weekend, Beth!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SDC is my favorite!! We vacationed there all the time while I was growing up and I love taking my girls! The bagels look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SDC is great! I have YEARS of memories going there to. They are adding on a huge area in the spring and we are so excited.

      The bagels are great. I can't wait for the recipe to post :).

      Delete
  6. Fall baking is amazing!! Can't wait to see the recipe!
    And funnel cake is totally worth the calories.
    <3 Sarita www.itsagirlgirlworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I've totally done the underwear thing way too many times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I very much enjoy carbs, bagels, and all things pumpkin spice! And, yeah I am always like shoot when I put my underwear on inside out...esp after I thought I had it the wrong way the first go around so I switched it ha. Fail all around.

    ReplyDelete