Monday, July 27, 2015

Ready To Ride!

Hello Monday!

This weekend was HOT! I think I spent most of it inside trying not to melt and the rest outside coated in bug spray doing yard work until dark. With the arrival of the latest heat wave I am seriously starting to question my love for summer. It just makes me feel so "Ggrrrr"! Which has me wondering if heat rage is a real thing?

Today I want to share a few pictures with you from Fridays adventures to Silver Dollar City.

Friday morning started out like this...


and ended like this.


Lesson learned: Never close your eyes in the car. Apparently even when you are 31 years old your parents will take pictures of you sleeping (which I was not actually doing). 

Everything in between was silly, loud, crazy, giggly, sweaty, fun. 

How about some photos?!

We started our day with a giant cinnamon roll and then we ate and ate and ate. I justified my behavior by the fact that I walked about 15,000 steps that day.


We had loads of cousin time.




Plus Marissa rode her very first BIG roller coaster immediately followed by her second and third.

Never has my mommy heart been as worried as it was when I watched my child get on this for the very first time


Seriously, I thought I was going to be sick.
 I am pretty sure I hoped and wished and prayed the entire ride.


When the ride was over and I was greeted with this.


"That was AWESOME!!!"
A roller coaster enthusiast was born.

She rode another.


The she rode another. Outlaw Run the #7 wooden roller coaster in the world and the most intense ride I have ever been on.


I was in disbelief and shock.... followed by some relief that I didn't have to ride them with her.
I'll let you in on a little secret.... I don't really like roller coasters.

Thanks Meme & Papa for taking one for the team.


The day wouldn't be complete without a souvenir from papa.


And a picture with my girls.


Marissa is growing up and I am not quite sure how I feel about that.
 Shouldn't we still be riding on the butterflies and lady bugs? 

It seems like yesterday she was on this side of the gate...

(This photo was taken in 2011. So fun that Emily wore that EXACT same outfit on Fridays trip).

Instead of this one.


Things about Friday I want Marissa to remember:

She was loving and living life.
She was brave, fearless and let nothing hold her back.
She tried something new and loved it.
She made her Mommy and Daddy so proud.

I guess this growing up thing isn't so bad after all.
It may not be easy, but it is definitely good.

How was your weekend?

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.