Thursday, March 13, 2014

About Me

Hi, I am Beth.

Welcome to my Blog. The happy little place where I am able to be me. I like to post about the adventures that I have with my beautiful girls and husband, aka life. I am an imperfect follower of Christ, a first year homeschooling mom, a lover of baking, cooking... and eating, a crafter, an athlete, a car girl and a penny pinching thrifty shopper. I always like to refer to myself as a jack of all trades, ace of none kind of gal.

I was married to my husband Russ on August 18th, 2007
We didn't have the frilly fancy wedding, more like an elopement in a popular tourist town.


2 Months after we were married we found out we were expecting our first child.

This picture was taken when I was 20 weeks pregnant. Yes, that is right 20 weeks! I was definitely not small. 

We welcomed Marissa Renea into this world on June 17th, 2008
After the birth of Marissa I continued working. We just couldn't swing living on one income at that time as much as we wanted to.



Days after Marissa's second birthday....

We immediately planned for me to not return to work after the birth of our next child. So we saved and pinched every penny we could to make it happen!
Emily Elizabeth came into this world on February 21, 2011


Life was going great! I was at home with our girls living my dream job. 
On Sunday May 22, 2011 our life had a drastic change that would forever change our hearts. Our city was devastated by a massive F-5 tornado and our home was destroyed along with 1/3 of our town. We moved in with my husbands parents, then into a rental while we put our life back together.


In the winter of 2011/2012 we started building a new home. This is the first family picture we took inside.


In April of 2012 almost one year later we got to move in!


That next year was a whirlwind, the girls kept growing faster and faster. And, we tackled project after project to make our house a home. 


Marissa started Pre-K the following fall. Our plans were to do private pre-K and send her to public school Kindergarten the next year. Then another unexpected change came. We felt God calling us to do something we never thought we would do, home school.




So, in the fall of 2013 we started Kindergarten at home.

We are currently wrapping up our first year of home school, and we love it. We know that it was the best choice for us.

Even through all of the unexpected events and plans getting changed we know that we have never once been alone. We have a loving, patient and gracious God who is pursuing us always and has never once left us.

We are blessed.


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.