Friday, March 28, 2014

Five on Friday

Friday!!!! Man I love Fridays. The days are home-school co-op in the morning and the afternoon are spent off school. Then Dad comes home and the weekend is officially in full swing. Weekend plans include: a possible date night, church and a 9 mile run. Outside of that NOTHING. And that makes me happy. 

Well, let's get to it My 5 for this week...

1- Runtastic Pro 

As a runner this is a question I see, hear, and get all the time. "What running app is best?" Well, I think the answer to that question is very different for everyone. The ones I hear the most are Runkeeper, Map My Run, Nike, and Runtastic. 


I like Runtastic Pro the most and they JUST updated (yesterday) and added some really cool new features. I think it combines my favorite features from Runkeeper and Map my run and it gives me options that Nike didn't Ex: manual entry for treadmill or track runs. But, when I say the answer varies I mean it. My recommendation is to always try out the free versions of multiple apps to see what works best for you. Then you can upgrade to the pro-version of the app if you see the need to.

2- This dress


I love this dress, like I love it so much I wish it came in a size that would fit me. If you didn't see my post from earlier this week this is Marissa's Easter dress. After a long shopping trip we decided to take a chance and order a dress that we saw online.

And it should be here TODAY!!!

I haven't told her yet, she is going to be so excited when the mail arrives.

3- Comparison

This is something that I struggle with so, so often. If it is not with others, or something I saw, it can even be with myself.

Comparison is often a stumbling block to sin, and definitely a joy thief.


I need to read this EVERYDAY!

4- Easter

I am thinking Easter readings, Easter crafts, Easter decorations and not the ones that point you to a bunny and a chick but ones that give the true message of Easter, the cross! Here are a few sites I have been eyeballing lately. 








I look forward to posting about some things we do from these links in the near future!

5- Running shoes

Oh the great debate in my head. It was time for me to look into getting my 3rd pair. I have spent a lot of the week trying to decide if I want to go with Brooks again or venture out and try some Mizunos

Decisions, decisions. If only it was as easy as picking a pair because you liked the way they look the most. Sadly, there is MUCH more to it than that. Ultimately it came down to fit. When I went to try them on I loved the Brooks the most. They just felt right and when I say felt right I mean I almost don't even feel them. The Mizunos seemed awkward on my foot.

So I ordered these, Brooks Ghost 6, they will be here next week!

Have a great weekend!


THE GOOD LIFE BLOG




 

No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.