Friday, August 21, 2015

Friday Highlights 8.21.15

Hello Friday!

Happy Friday friends!

Another week of school is done bringing the school is out count down to 34 weeks of school work left!
Or is it to soon to start bringing that up? 
...I kinda figured it might be.


The husband is off work today and we have our weekend plans set. This weekend is a big once a year car show/race and it is pretty much the coolest thing ever (if you're an old car lover). We have date plans tonight and family plans at the drag strip tomorrow. It is going to be awesome and you can bet I will take plenty of photos to share with you next week.

Let's get started on this weeks Friday five!


{ONE}  About

I worked really hard this week revamping my about page.


I had barely touched it since I started this blog almost a year and a half ago and it showed. After months of wanting change I finally I sucked it up and went for it.

Take a peek and let me know what you think.
 
{TWO} On The Blog This Week

This week on the blog I shared:

Our 2015 back to school photos.


8 photos for 8 years of marriage.


An update on our summer bucket list
We are so close to finishing!


{THREE} Rat Rods & Red Lips

This weekend is the 2015 H.A.M.B. drags.
Easily one of the coolest car events of the year and it happens right here on our home turf. How lucky is that?! We will be taking the 30 model A again this year since my 37 still isn't done, maybe next year. 

 

Rat rods galore, loud engines and drag races. It is this car girls dream and quite possibly my favorite weekend of the year. Plus it gives me the perfect chance to channel my inner pin-up girl and rock the red lipstick and winged eyeliner. 

I love red lip stick. 
So naturally I took advantage of the occasion and bought a new one.


{FOUR} The Matrix

Let's talk about an evil little thing called "the matrix".

I am currently working on stage 3 of the New Rules program. I have about 35 workouts and 3 months under my belt and know that I am greatly benefiting from this intense program.


But level 3 has been interesting because it includes this.


Every muscle in my legs scream when I am finished. Did I mention the program has you do this after a one hour weight session? This could stand as a great leg workout all by itself! 

{FIVE} Girl Mom Series

I was so excited to add another post to my 'Girl Mom' series.


This week I had Ashley from Life on the Parsons Farm shared about being a girl mom and her hopes for her daughter Ellie. If you missed her post you can check it out here.


 I have three more openings to schedule in November before taking a break for the holiday season. If you're interested in sharing your story about being a girl mom fill out this survey and I will be in touch.

Friday Linkup Parties

To see where I am linking up check out my link-up tab.

Have a great weekend!
We will see you back here soon.

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.