Friday, August 7, 2015

Friday Highlights 8.7.15

Hello Friday!

Well, it's here.
The last Friday of summer #allthesadfaces.

Technically speaking summer is not actually gone until Labor Day is over.
But something inside of me just feels like this is the end.

This has been the most amazing summer.
I am so abundantly blessed that I was able to spend so much time enjoying and playing with my girls. Now it is time to shift our focus onto having an amazing school year. 

Here are this weeks Friday picks.


{ONE}  Back To School

On Monday morning The Newman Independent Family Home School  will begin classes at 8:00 a.m. CST. I feel prepared, nervous, sad, excited and in shock that we are already back to school.

I know that I set the schedule and I know that come early May when we are dismissing for summer I will be singing and dancing in the street but wowzers is going back hard.

My friend Anna text me this, this week... yup!

This is also the first year that I will be doing planned curriculum/lesson plans with both kids, Lord help me. 

{TWO} Girl Time

We had plans of spending every day at the pool this week but Wednesday it rained and poured. When the rain finally stopped it was to cool to go swimming. The last week of summer was not about to be ruined by a little rain.

We ate lunch out.


Found the PERFECT shirt for Emily.


The girls shared a cupcake at Smallcakes.


And then there's this.


That ^, THAT is my 7 year old daughter wearing a pair of size 6.5 women shoes that she grabbed off the shelf. Obviously they run a bit small (I thought she was a size 3/4). 

But really?!

I began to feel chest pains shortly after this photo was taken.

She then tried to convince me into buying two pairs, one for her and a matching pair for myself.  

{THREE} On The Blog This Week

This week on the blog:
I shared how I did on my July goals and set new goals for August.

Gave the details on how you can easily brew amazing iced coffee.



Linked up for my 3rd edition of "The Guy Behind The Blog"


Recapped our summer at the pool and the amazing swimming progress the girls have made.


{FOUR} Blog Hop

Next week I will be doing a few back to school posts but I am especially excited about this one. 


Make sure you check back on Wednesday August 12th for a fun back to school themed blog hop!
I guarantee you will find great posts full of fantastic back to school ideas. 

{FIVE} New Coat

I messed up...

Does anyone else out there buy clothes at the end of the season and put them up for the next year? Surely I'm not the only one?!  I have a box of clothes at the top of Marissa's closet with shorts, tanks and the like that I pick up on clearance CHEAP knowing they will fit her some day.



Pretty much every year I buy Marissa a coat and put it away for the next winter.... except this year.
Now I am kicking myself looking at the price tags on new coats. So often I pick them up on clearance for around $10, $75-100 bucks is just plain CRAZY!

I always feel like I can justify buying a new coat since they get a lot of wear, usually can be worn for two years and then it will later be handed down to her sister. 

So my question for you is where do you coat shop?
Obviously I need to be watching the usual places (JCP, Childrens Place, Old Navy, Kohls) for coupons, and sales that will hopefully stack up nicely to a good deal. 

Friday Linkup Parties

To see where I am linking up check out my link-up tab.

Have a great weekend!
We will see you back here soon.

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.