Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Tuesday Talk: Christmas Recap {2015}

Anyone else feeling the craziness that is the holiday season? Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, my birthday and now we are just 2 days away from welcoming 2016?! This week of the year is always so bizarre for me. Before I know it the holidays are over, I'm a year older and its a brand new year *sigh*.

So, before it all blurs I thought I would take today to do a little Christmas recap post and fill you in on all the random details that made our Christmas great.


We spent Christmas Eve lying around the house doing a whole lot of nothing. I think the girls and I watched White Christmas and The Santa Claus putting our Christmas movie watching at an all time high this year.


Later that evening we headed to church for a Christmas Eve service followed by a Mexican fiesta at Russ' parents to celebrate Christmas with them. I really should have made a Feliz Navidad joke that night.



We arrived home pretty late, sat out cookies for Santa and put the girls to bed. After that I made my typical late night batch of cinnamon rolls and played Santa. It's a tough job but someone has to do it.


The next morning the girls woke up about 7:30 (love those kids) and started playing with their toys they got the night before, they didn't even ask to open presents (really love those kids). 


We had our traditional Christmas breakfast, this years cinnamon rolls were especially tasty. 


Snapped a family photo.


And then they opened presents.
Speaking of presents Marissa gave me this. Note in the to she put Beth instead of Mom.


This is the very first present she has ever bought for me (with her own money). She remembered the fuzzy socks I was swooning over at Academy. Such a sweet little girl. She bought Russ & Emily presents this year too.

Next up was cousin time at my parents house.


More presents.


And playing outside, because it was like 60 degrees out. 



It was another great Christmas at the Newman house. It seems like every year we are able to do a little more with the girls making each season more magical than the years before. I couldn't ask for anything more than that.

What was your Christmas highlight?
 
Tuesday Talk
Now it's your turn to grab the button in my side bar and link up for this weeks Tuesday Talk!
Beth - Our Pretty Little Girls ~ Michelle - Grammie Time
Keri - Living In This Season  ~ Christina - Waltzing In Beauty
Lauren - Simply Elliot ~  Becky - BYBMG
Jess and Katie - Sweet Little Ones ~ Whitney - Polka Dotty Place
Laura - Life Is Beautiful ~ Elizabeth - All Kinds Of Things
Sarah - Abiding In Grace ~ Stephanie - Wife Mommy Me
Emily - Morning Motivated Mom

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.