Thursday, December 10, 2015

Christmas Fun Recap #1 {2015}

We are almost halfway to Christmas and I still haven't done a recap post yet.

Things have been pretty busy and there has been so much to blog about and so many fun link-ups to join that I haven't made time to check in yet. So today I want to do a quick bucket list recap, see how the #2015ChristmasMoments photo challenge is going and show you what our elf, Bob Jingle, has been up to!

Bucket List

 For some reason I thought we were seriously bombing our bucket list. But, when I looked at it I was pleasantly surprised with the progress we have made.

Attend A Christmas tree lighting

The annual Joplin, MO Christmas tree lighting is always comedic (if I am being brutally honest). They throw a few strands of lights in a tree and call it good and this year they didn't even work! But we have been going since Marissa was 1 so we keep going. For how many more years, I don't know. Probably until the girls think it's no longer cool. 

(Please excuse the horrible cell phone/night photos in this post)


Her first official Santa photo of the year. Emily still wants nothing to do with the fat man. 


Go to a Christmas parade

After saying we weren't going we made a spur of the moment decision and went to the Joplin Christmas parade. The girls had a blast leaving us happy that we went!


Make a gingerbread house

I picked up a gingerbread house kit at Aldi this weekend and turned the girls loose letting them have all the fun. I'll admit it, I struggled to just let them go for it and leave them alone. I am so glad that I did though.




Polar Express Movie Night

Right after Thanksgiving we had the second annual Lance/Newman Polar Express movie night. I almost forgot to snap any photos, but remembered to take these right before they left. Shwoo! 



Mail Christmas Cards

I finished up some Christmas cards in the early morning hours with my tea in hand. Did anyone else pick up the Charlie Brown stamps?! So cute. 


#2015ChristmasMoments

So far I have done a good job keeping up with the #2015ChristmasMoments photo challenge. 
Here are the first 7 days:


#Selfie
#Red
#Lights
#Sweets
#Santa
#Tradition
#Gift

Bob Jingle Newman

Bob made his grand appearance on 11.29.15 when he brought the girls some Christmas pennant banners to make. 



So far he has: swam in candy, left a Christmas countdown, hosted a party, repelled the garland, decorated a tree and left his mark....


Bob is so much fun, especially the past couple years. We don't put much stock into the reporting naught behavior either. He more or less just adds a little cheer to the home and gives the girls something to look forward to finding every morning. 

What Christmas fun have you been having lately?

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.