Monday, December 21, 2015

Christmas Tree Photos & A Pajama Party {2015}

From the time I purchased my camera I have been dreaming of beautiful Christmas tree photos. I had to wait almost an entire year, but I feel like I can say the wait was totally worth it.

A few random thoughts before sharing some photos.

*These photos are hard.
*My girls are amazingly patient. 
*A speed lite changes everything.
*I still feel like there is so much more I could do to improve... next year.
*I found it easiest to get the camera focused on auto then switch into manual so it wouldn't keep resetting.

So here they are, our "official" 2015 Christmas pj / tree photos.

(I used a speed lite on this one)

So funny that this was our pj photo shoot and this moment happened. They really were getting sleepy.
I think it is impossible to not yawn while looking at this photo. 



My girls


(I used a speed lite on both of these individual photos)


(I used a speed lite on this one)


(A few I took without the speed lite)

And my favorite shot of all.

(pitch black how with a 50mm lens on aperture priority)

It was really interesting to see the difference in the speed lite photos compared to those without. It definitely helps to make them less grainy and dark but really warms them up and can be a bit tricky to reign in. 

All in all I don't feel like I can complain. Especially when I look at that last picture of those sweet sisters holding hands.

The girls Christmas pajamas were once again a present from Meme.



She picked them up at Kohls.
 

Today I am linking up for a pajama party with StephanieCrystal, Elizabeth, Whitney and some other great bloggers.

 photo 8561dcd7-c2be-4ca6-895c-b9fff225b625_zpso2zybkcc.jpg

Do you have any Christmas tree photo tips to share?
 
post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.