Friday, May 16, 2014

Five on Friday/ 50 Posts & Weekend Plans!

Well this has been what feels to be the longest and shortest week all at once. It has been our first full week on summer break. I must admit that it has been VERY nice. The unfortunate part is the summer weather seems to have left. So, instead of pool time and sunbathing we have been wearing hoodies and watching movies. A little disappointing but I know it won't last long. 

Here are this weeks 5!

1. 50 Posts!


Yesterday I wrote post #50! I have been consistently blogging for about 2.5 months and I am SLOWLY growing. Blogging is a lot of work but I have been loving it.

2. I am not super mom.

Truth


Sometimes I get so wrapped up in super mom mentality. Cooking, cleaning, trying to do everything just right, on my own. I forget that this is what it is really all about. And just how desperately I need Him!

3. Birthday Plans

Marissa's #6 is fast approaching. I am starting to gear up into party planning mode and presents. I have recently discovered that I was CRAZY not to realize that everyone was buying Frozen stuff right now. I probably should have bought those Anna and Elsa Barbie Dolls a few months ago. 


The good news is she isn't a picky girl and hasn't even asked for anything specific yet. And if she does go with my suspected Frozen birthday theme, I am sure that Pinterest is booming with ideas!

4. Summer Running Series

This summers running plans are focused on increasing speed particularly in the 10K distance. What better way to do that than to do some races!


Not only will this give me some running motivation and hopefully a faster 10K time. But, it will also get me 3 sweet t-shirts and a finisher medal at the last race for completing the series. 

5. Hanging Out With Friends.

This is how I plan to spend my Friday. Hanging out with friends, around a fire pit, on the patio.


Start of the weekend perfection!

What are your plans for the weekend?!


post signature


8 comments:

  1. Fire pit on the patio. Freakin awesome.

    And yes, Pinterest is bursting at the seams with Frozen birthday party ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes it is! I need to have a Fire pit on the patio kid style sometime. Start it early have smores and such... It would be so fun :).

      Oh yes it is. Eeekkkk which is great and oh so overwhelming!

      Delete
  2. Yay for fire pit weather! Congrats on post #50! Blogging is def a lot of work but a lot of fun for sure! I've met some great women blogging! Glad I found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fire pit ended up getting rained out.... boo :(.

      Thank you! It has been work but so fun and I agree about meeting people. making friends has been one of my favorite parts!

      Delete
  3. Oh the Frozen madness. I regret not swooping up on some Frozen stuff a while ago too. It's so hard to find things. It sounds like you are going to have a great time planning!! I've seen a ton of cute stuff floating around pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I have been calling it Frozen fever. I NEVER would have thought everyone would be buying toys this time of year. But it is obvious that there is a HUGE supply and demand problem :(. I am excited to dive in to party planning soon!

      Delete