Thursday, October 22, 2015

Girl Mom Series: Jen, J Pabst Fitness

Hey there everyone! My name is Jen and I blog at J Pabst Fitness.


I blog about a little of everything, my life as a stay at home mom to 4, sharing my meals and workouts. I am the mom to 4 kids, Tyler (13), Karlie (10), Aiden (7) and Emma (18 months). While I love all 4 of them deeply, today I'm going to talk about being a mom to girls.

  IMG_3144[1] 

 Karlie will be 11 in January and she is one amazing little girl. She currently takes Ballet and Tumbling at a local dance studio and I'm constantly amazed at everything her body is capable of and pushes me to give a little bit more through each of my own workouts. She also excels at school and I know she is on her way to a fantastic future. Most kids have a countdown to summer vacation, on the last day of school, Karlie starts her countdown to when school starts again. She can see something on Pinterest or You Tube and next thing I know, she's making it happen. She loves crafts, doing her hair, dancing, shoes and all things glittery and girly. She is also the BEST big sister, as soon as she gets home from school, Emma goes running to her and suddenly I'm chopped liver. There is a 10 year difference between them, but I have high hopes they will be the best of friends as they grow up.

  MomKE

KarlieDance 

 Emma (18 months). Emma is our miracle baby, you can guess, based on the ages of our other children, that she was a surprise blessing to our family, but getting her was quite the adventure, starting right from the start. After an ultrasound at 7 weeks showing nothing but an empty yolk sac, it was determined that it was a non viable pregnancy, but I opted out of a D&C and chose to let my body do what it needed to do. A few weeks later, I was bleeding, cramping heavily and thought it was all over and had another ultrasound a few weeks after that to make sure the miscarriage was complete. It was at that appointment that my OB saw that not only did I not miscarry, but I was nearly 12 weeks pregnant. Her name means complete and whole, and that's exactly what she has done. Completed our family.

  EmmaNewborn 

 The last 18 months have been adventurous, going almost 7 years between babies, it felt like I was a first timer all over again, and everything about her is SO different than my other 3. Just when I think I have things figured out, she changes and I realize I have no idea what I'm doing. She is such an easy going toddler though, loves reading books, playing with puzzles, ANYTHING that makes noise and her nickname is The Toucher because she has to to touch everything.

IMG_3266[1] 

 Some things I have learned while being a girl mom:
  1. They are much more sensitive than my boys. Sometimes the smallest thing can throw Karlie into a tailspin, her world is ending, nothing will ever be the same. A few minutes in her room alone and all is right with the world again.
  2. They watch and learn by example. I do not want them to grow up with any body images. I work hard to teach them that a healthy body is a happy body and exercise isn't a punishment, it's keeping our bodies happy. I used to only workout when they were in bed, but I have realized they (well, all 4 of them) need to see me working out and that it's a good thing.
  3. Everything is better sparkly.
  4. Everything is better if it's pink.
  5. If it's sparkly AND pink....#winning


Thank you so much Jen for sharing your girls with us today!

I couldn't possibly agree more about the sparkles and the pink and them making the perfect combination.
I never knew it was a neutral color until I became a girl mom. 

To learn more about Jen and her family head on over to J Pabst Fitness and take a look around.
You can also find J Pabst Fitness on these social media outlets

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.