Thursday, October 1, 2015

Teaching Together Blog Hop {October 2015}

I have always been a "one post a day" kind of gal. But the first ever Teaching Together Blog Hop happened to land on a scheduled Girl Mom Series post.  I guess there is a first time for everything! When your done here make sure you hop on over to my other post and read about Cathy's Girl mom story

Teaching Together Blog Hop #1

We just announced this linkup/hop last week and your response and support was overwhelming.
Thank you!

I feel so lucky to be teamed up with such amazing and creative mama's to make this link up happen. We are all very excited to share, learn and see what others are up to.

With October officially here and Halloween just around the corner I wanted to share a few book/craft/activity ideas for a couple of our "spooky" favorites. The books are easy to find and the crafts are simple and require little preparation. Those are always our favorite kinds of activities especially when life is busy.



The first book is a long time favorite. We fell in love with this fun story while Marissa was attending Pre-K and it is still enjoyed to this day.

The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything



One of our favorite ways to read this story is to make it an interactive activity. Years ago I printed off theses fantastic printables from Toddler Approved, Marissa colored them and I laminated them. We still use them every time we read the story.



A favorite of Emily's is this music video that turns the book into a song.
She just loves the catchy tune and making up her own actions. 


Then we played a simple roll a scarecrow dice game


If ever a book was an instant favorite this would be the one. I grabbed this book at the library last week and I am pretty sure it has been read at least 20 times since then. I should probably look into picking up a copy for the girls soon. I think it is going to be a Halloween favorite for years to come.

Skeleton Hiccups


The book inspired this random purchase at the Dollar Tree this week. The girls quickly named him Bones Hiccup Newman. Never would I have imagined them being so excited over a plastic skeleton.


Marissa LOVES reading this book to her sister and when she isn't reading it Emily is doing her best to recite it from memory.


A q-tip skeleton is the perfect post story time craft for this book. Super easy and simple with lots of room for creativity.
All you need is glue, q-tips, construction paper, scissors and a black marker.


I hope you loved our simple spooky read & play ideas.
Happy October Friends!



Work It MommyTickled Pink,

Now it's your turn to join the fun.
Grab the button in my sidebar and link up what you've been teaching lately!

An InLinkz Link-up

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.