Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Our Love Story: Tuesday Talk V6

Welcome to this special 'Our Love Story' edition of Tuesday Talk!

In honor of Valentines Day coming just around the corner I am joining my Tuesday Talk co-hosts to share all about the mushy gushy love stuff. Each of is sharing a little about our love story and we would love for you to join the fun



Beth at Our Pretty Little Girls  //  Becky at BYBMG
Jessica at Sweet Little Ones  //  Emily at Raising Barnes
Stephanie at Wife Mommy Me  //  Stasia at Our Life on a Budget
Sarah at Abiding In Grace  //  Ruthie at Rear. Release. Regroup.
Laura at Life Is Beautiful  //  Christina at Waltzing In Beauty
Whitney at Polka Dotty Place
Our Story

In the spirit of complete honesty, I almost didn't join the "share your love story fun".

Our love story isn't one that you'd read in a fairy tale. For years and years I tried to hide it and if I am being honest, to some extent I still do. In the two years I have been blogging the topic has been avoided at all costs and I've never even talked about it with one of my closest friends. I've used the excuse that it's personal and sure, I guess it really is. But there has been something more to it than that.

 I guess I have been afraid. Afraid of being judged or looked down on, rejected or thought less of even though in my heart I know those are just lies. Lies to keep me hiding and ashamed, to keep me from shouting the even bigger love story of God's grace in my life. And ultimately telling that story should be the only thing that really matters anyway.


Our story isn't about us, it's about Jesus.

It's not about divorces, his and mine. Affairs, lies and secrets.
The improbability for a successful marriage together.
The pain sustained and inflicted.
The bridges burnt and tears cried.
The backs turned and sins committed.

Our story is about redemption.

It's about a God who never gave up on us.
Lavish and scandalous grace that was poured upon us.
Hearts being healed and mended.
Restoration time and time again.
Confession, repentance and forgiveness.

I may not be ready to dish out all the details on the blog at this moment in time and honestly I don't know if I ever will. But the point of posting this today is to say this:

You don't have to be held captive or ashamed of your past. 

The chains of your past are so much weaker than the victorious blood of Jesus.

This is who I was, this is who God is and this is who I am now.
That is a love story worth sharing.




Now it's your turn t link up for this weeks Tuesday Talk.
Grab the button from my sidebar and join the fun.


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.