Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Simply The Best Blueberry Muffins {Recipe}

Have I ever mentioned how much I love muffins?!
Probably at least once a week I would assume.

A few weeks back I was talking about muffins *surprise* particularly blueberry muffins. I had tried out a recipe on Pinterest that claimed to be the best blueberry muffins and what I discovered was a big fat disappointment. I guess you have to try a few recipes to discover that what you already have is the best thing. 

So today I am going to go out on a limb and declare my recipe to be the winner.



I took parts from a few different recipes that I liked and created these. They are easy to make and the strudel topping is always a favorite in my house. We enjoy them year round too since this recipe works great with both fresh or frozen blueberries. You don't even need to thaw them, just dump them right in there frozen. Easy peasy!


You might even say they are irresistible.
 I was mid "photo shoot" with my muffins and I turned around to discover this. Apparently Emily had found her muffin (the one that doesn't have blueberries in it) and I caught her sneaking a few bites. So I did what any good blogger would do. I told her to do it again and snapped a photo :). Apparently she loves muffins too. 

Enjoy!


print recipe

Simply The Best Blueberry Muffins
My very favorite blueberry muffins with a strudel topping.
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 Cups Flour
  • 3/4 Cup White Sugar
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
  • 1 Egg
  • Approx 1/3 Cup Milk
  • 1 Cup Blueberries
  • 2 T Brown Sugar
  • 2 T White Sugar
  • 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
  • 3/4 Cup Flour
  • 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
Instructions
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin cups.

2) Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl.

3) Place the vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup, totaling 1 cup.

4) Mix this with the flour the batter will be pretty thick.

5) Gently fold in the blueberries fresh or frozen.

6) Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full and top with crumb topping mixture.

7) To make crumb topping mixture mix 2 T brown sugar, 2 T white sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 3/4 cup flour. Stir n 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter until the mixture is course and crumbly. My favorite way to do this is in the bowl of a stand mixer.

8) Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick tests clean.

Yield: 1 Dozen





This muffin tin was passed down to me from my mama. It sure looks rough but it has baked COUNTLESS cupcakes and muffins over the years. I wouldn't trade it for anything.




So there you have it, my favorite blueberry muffins.
I hope you love them as much as we do an that they don't disappoint.
If you give them a try be sure to let me know!

What is your favorite kind of muffin?

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.