Friday, September 4, 2015

Friday Highlights 9.4.15

Hello Friday!
Hello three day weekend!

It's finally Friday and we are spending our morning wrapping up our school week. A certain teacher failed to plan on taking Labor Day off and penciled a full day of work into our lesson plans #fail. I crossed out all the extras that don't have to be done, but the core subjects can't be ignored. We'll do a little bit of work today and catch up the rest sometime. I am always so thankful for the flexibility that homeschool gives to our family.

Let's take a look at this weeks Friday picks! 



{ONE} Falling Fast For Fall

Hello, glorious and beautiful fall. Technically fall doesn't "officially" start for about 3 week but we all know that as soon as September hits it's game on. Now if only I could get that fall weather we were having a few weeks ago back.


Next week I'll be closing out summer with a highlight post, then I'll share our plans for fall fun when I reveal our 2016 fall bucket list.

Spoiler Alert: There just might be a giveaway that I know you won't want to miss coming up soon too!

{TWO} Blog Highlights

This week I....

Shared a recipe that may hold life changing power.


Through talking with you in the comments we decided that this recipe had to go beyond just coffee. I think a little pumpkin spice syrup on some vanilla ice cream sounds amazing. I will definitely be trying that out this weekend. 

Talked about the benefits of jumping rope and why you should add it to your training program.


Checked in on my August goals and set new goals for September


{THREE} Amazing GRace

The Amazing GRace is a race that takes place in Joplin over Easter weekend. It is fun, super encouraging and the course runs really close to our house. Last year I had the pleasure of running it with the Mr. It was his first 5K and I couldn't have been more excited to be by his side.


Registration for the 2016 race has already opened and I am once again signed up to run with another newbie who will be running her very first 5K.


I can't believe she will do something at 7 that I didn't do until I was almost 30.
Tissues at the finish line please?

Only 210 days until Race day!

{FOUR} Menu Planning

One of my goals for the month of September is to start a new meal planning system in our home. Meal planning usually consists of me sitting, writing on a piece of scrap paper and trying to remember what dinners I have made recently or figure out what sounds good. I hate it.

Then I go to Pinterest and I see all of these fantastic ideas and wonder if any of them really work?!



Another take on a menu planning system: Another take on a menu planning system

So my question for you is do you have a meal planing system that works well?

What would you recommend?

{FIVE} Girl Mom Series

I added another post to my Girl Mom series. 


Rebekah from Living && Learning wrote a great post to remind us that not only are we raising little girls we are raising future mothers as well. So true and encouraging.


If you would like to share your "Girl Mom" story I have a few more openings in November.
You can fill out this survey and I will be in touch.

Friday Linkup Parties

To see where I am linking up check out my link-up tab.

Have a great weekend!
We will see you back here soon.

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.