Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Pumpkin Spice Coffee Syrup {Recipe}

Almost a month ago I shared a post giving all the details on how you can easily brew amazing iced coffee at home. It was and has been a lifesaver for this busy on the go family. Being able to walk to my fridge with a cup of ice and make myself a delicious iced coffee, while standing there with the door open?! It doesn't get much better than that and you have whole heartedly agreed. My iced coffee post quickly earned a spot in my top blog posts with almost 2,000 views so far. 

There was just one problem to my new found iced coffee love...
The coffee syrup.

Anyone buy a bottle of coffee syrup lately?
At nearly $4 a bottle that flavored sugar water is expensive.

There are few things I love more than figuring out ways to save money in the kitchen. Knowing there must be a solution I began searching and discovered something amazing along the way.


Do I have you attention now?
Let's get started!

Ingredients:
1.5 Cups Sugar
1.5 Cups Water
4 Cinnamon Sticks
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp nutmeg
2.5 T Pumpkin puree

*The substitution for cinnamon sticks would be 4 tsp of cinnamon. That said the same results are not guaranteed.
I plan to test this out more closely with my next batch.

Directions:
1. Combine water and sugar in a saucepan.
2. Stir frequently until the water and the sugar come to a boil.
3. Add the spices and the puree and simmer for 12 minutes. 
4. Pour the mixture over a fine mesh strainer.
5 Allow the mixture to cool. Pour into an air tight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. 



Enjoy!

It's the perfect syrup for the perfect season.
Maybe you will even save some money since you won't need to make quite as many pit stops at "The Bucks" this pumpkin spice season.

You are welcome ;).

Now it's your turn to link up with Tuesday Talk!
Meet your hosts!
Becky from BYBMG, Beth from Our Pretty Little Girls, Whitney from Polka-Dotty Place, Elizabeth from All Kinds of Things, Tara from Mrs.Coach Sims, Keri from Living In This Season, Sarah from Abiding In Grace, Lauren from Simply Free , Emily from Morning Motivated Mom, and Jessica & Katie from Sweet Little OnesChristina from Waltzing In Beauty, Amy from Go Forth and Mother & Michelle from Grammie Time

I'd love for you to grab the button on my side bar and link up with us this week!


post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.