Friday, September 25, 2015

Friday Highlights 9.25.15

Hello Friday!

Happy Friday friends it is finally the weekend and I am EXCITED! So many fun things are going on this weekend including shopping dates, bonfires and hot air balloons to name a few. I can't wait to share it all with you in a recap on Monday.

How about we waste no time today and jump right on into this weeks Friday highlights!


{ONE} Blog Highlights

This week I shared about my exercise journey over the past couple years.
Recently my eyes were finally opened and I realized something I thought I was doing for myself wasn't really for me after all.



I finally posted the apple bread recipe I promised on Facebook a few weeks ago.


And I added another post to my Girl Mom series featuring Morna from Awesome Austerity.


{TWO} New Boots

On Sunday I went to get my "new'ish" brown boots out of the closet for the first time this season when I discovered they had met their doom. Apparently they didn't like the corner of the closet where I have always stored every pair of boots I have ever owned over winter.

I could've cried...
But instead I bought some new boots ;). Thank goodness for some recent extra income via the old blog.
I picked these and I couldn't be more excited. 


I found such a good deal on my boots that I even ordered a pair for the oldest. She chose to go the cowgirl boot route and I think it is going to be adorable.

Sale + an extra 25% off and a $15 off shoe perk (thanks mom) meant I snagged these for about $12


Needless to say we are both pretty excited about our upcoming arrivals

{THREE} Teaching Together Blog Hop

I am pretty excited about a new monthly blog hop I announced yesterday.

Our hope is that it will be a great place where we can teach and learn together by sharing our educational posts in a linkup and checking out what others are doing.

The hop will be the first Thursday of every month and that means we start this coming week!
Check out yesterdays post for more details or feel free to ask any questions you might have in the comments.

{FOUR} Pallet Pumpkins

It was about this time last year that I was working on my pallet pumpkins


Realizing how terrible my photos were back then I recently updated this post and thought what better time of the year to share it again.

This DIY project is pretty easy and inexpensive.
We all know the worst part of any pallet project is dismantling the pallet.

{FIVE} Insta Say What?!

Did anyone know that you can do this?!



(Now if I could only figure out how to get it centered!)

So I may be the last person in "Blogland" to realize that you can do that but I don't care, I still think it's awesome. Plus look at that sweet face. That girl has been so happy with that caterpillar that she has been sleeping with it. Too stinking cute!

You can check out this post by Crystal from Hall Around Texas to get the details and some tips on how to use Instagram, the best social media platform EVER!

Speaking of IG if we're not friends over there you can find me here

 Friday Linkup Parties

To see where I am linking up check out my link-up tab.

Have a great weekend!
We will see you back here soon.

post signature




No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.