Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday Highlights 2016 V1

Happy Fri-Yay friends.
 
I am so happy to be back to my regular Friday routine after a couple of weeks off for the holidays. However I am less than thrilled to be back to the normal school routine that started this week. But some how we survived and with or home school co-op still on winter break we will reward our self with a Friday off school!

Let's take a look at this weeks Friday picks!

{ONE} Blog Highlights 

Over the past week I shared:


My one little word for 2016.
A bit about life lately: 32, leaky walls & a brand new year.
My newest recipe creation for Salty & Sweet M&MS Popcorn.
Tuesday Talk 2016: V1
Show & Tell Tuesday: Kicking off 2016
Teaching Together: Tips on teaching your preschooler to read.

{TWO} Picture Perfect
 
Several weeks ago The Picture Perfect Project was announced.
I am so excited that our first link-up is this coming Thursday.


The Picture Perfect Project was set up as a monthly photo challenge to encourage you to take more photos.
You can get all of the details here.

We would love to have you join the fun!

{THREE} A Room To Grow With

So if you've been around lately you may have seen this....


Which morphed into this....


And that really makes me feel a bit like screaming my head off.

But when life gives you lemons you make lemonade right?

I decided to make the best of the situation and take advantage of this chance to update Marissa's room a bit. After all she did pick out the pink the walls when she was 3 years old. We are trying to come up with something girly and fun that she can grow into over the next several years.

For paint I am thinking something like this.
Grand Hotel Mackinac Blue by Valspar.
I googled photos of this color and was left swooning over this gorgeous, relaxing color.

As for bedding we have been looking around and nothing stands out above the rest... yet
I will be sure keep you updated on our progress.

{FOUR} All The Cookies
So it's not really a diet, but it is getting back on track with better eating habits

For example:
Putting down the cookies
starts
tomorrow.
Really
this
time...
-Me every day this week

Anyone else? 


{FIVE} 

Recently I was shopping with my favorite clearance rack sifting friend (Anna) and I realized (she sweetly hilariously pointed out) that I have a slight (serious) gray addiction. Gray, black, boring colors. Unless I am hitting up the gym you can pretty much count on a monotone wardrobe from this girl. I may throw in a splash of color but I pretty much accent my gray with some black more than half of the time.

So I vow to TRY to wear and invest in a bit more color this year.
 
However, just yesterday I decided to keep two black vests from a recent Old Navy order. I only planned to keep one but I had to change my mind because they were "SO" different.

What?! They are!

 Fleece vs. quilted and dressy vs. casual. Plus the fleece one was only like $4! How could I not keep it?!


So more color... starting tomorrow.

What is your favorite color to wear?

Friday Linkup Parties
To see where I am linking up check out my link-up tab.

Have a great weekend!
We will see you back here soon.

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.