Friday, January 1, 2016

Monthly Goals {January 2016}

Happy New Year!

One year ago today I published my very first monthly goal post. I continued setting and working on goals for the entire 2015 year. I learned a lot about myself over the course of a year. What motivates me, areas I have a hard time working on and that I am going to drop the ball, and that is okay. You can mess up, get over it and keep trying. Just skip the pouting or beating yourself up stage and push forward.

I've said it multiple times, "I feel like these posts are more for me than my readers". Maybe they are, but I think that is okay too. I love knowing there is a sense of accountability in saying I want to do something and letting others know about it. Plus, your sweet words of how my goals motivate you have been such an encouragement to me. 

So, I plan to continue setting and achieving goals through 2016 and I would encourage you to set a few of your own!


When I left off in December I kept my goals pretty simple. Typically I recap the previous month before setting new ones, but I'm not going to do that for December. I met almost all of my goals with my biggest flop being my work outs. But I feel like stepping away from a few different things for a bit gave me a needed, fresh perspective.

Blog-
*Keep posting 4-5 days a week.
*Participate in a giveaway.
*Try to engage more on Twitter.

Family-
*Family Movie Night.
*Family Game Night.
*Celebrate Russ' birthday!

Fitness-
*Join a new gym on January 1st!
*Work out 4 days a week.
*Stop eating so many cookies. You laugh, but it is true.

Spiritual- 
*To read a little bit of God's word every day.
(I often try to do so much in this category that i overwhelms me. This year I would like to try and simplify my goals in this category.)

Home School-
*Resume school on January 4th.
*Begin working with Emily on early reading skills.
*Have the girls write thank you notes.

Random-
*Fix the wall.... more details on that soon.
*Finally order family photo prints.
*Try to combat winter depression.
*Drop off donation pile sitting in our room.

So there we have it, my first goal list of 2016!

Do you have resolutions or goal setting plans for 2016?

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.