Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Peanut Powder Granola Bites {Recipe}, Tuesday Talk V4

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StartWithJifPowder #CollectiveBias

With the arrival of January and the end of the holiday season I set out to try to regain my focus. I needed to find focus in the gym and focus in the kitchen. I derailed a bit over the holidays and have since made countless confessions that I need to put down the cookies. Hello, my name is Beth and I have a sweet tooth. Buckling down and making better choices in the kitchen is never easy for me. I am always on the look out for something low in fat, high in protein and if it can satisfy my sweet tooth, it gets bonus points. It seemed like a nearly impossible task until I discovered Jif Peanut Powder and created these.


Recently when I was shopping at my local Walmart I stumbled across Jif  Peanut Powder. I am no stranger to peanut powder products and have used other brands in the past. What caught my eye about Jif was the price and even more so the ingredient label. Jif has one ingredient, fresh roasted peanuts. Other competitor brands add salt and/or sugar to theirs. I love how simple and pure Jif is. 


Jif Peanut Powder has the same nourishing protein as traditional peanut butter, but with 85% less fat! 85%, that is amazing! So often I skip out on peanut butter because the fat content but with Jif Peanut Powder I don't have to give up one of my favorite flavors any more. Smoothies, baking, breakfast, dips and more.
This powder can do it all with less calories and sugar. 


Did I fail to mention it also comes in chocolate?
The chocolate contains semi-sweet chocolate and a dash of sugar. It is perfect for those looking to satisfy their sweet tooth, like me! I can't wait to mix some into my Greek yogurt. How amazing would that be?!


I could continue on about how much I love this product. About how it is helping me to meet the goals I set in the kitchen, is a Newman kitchen staple and how good it is but let's talk more about my Peanut Powder Granola Bites.


They are easy to make, easy to grab, a great source of protein and energy and the kids love them!


print recipe
Peanut Powder Granola Bites
A simple no bake granola bite recipe featuring Jif Peanut Powder
Ingredients
  • 3/4 Cup Jif Peanut Powder
  • 1/3 Cup Water
  • 2 Cups Quick Oats
  • 1 Cup Rice Cereal
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1/4 Cup Honey
  • 1/4 Cup Dates
  • 2 Tablespoons Almond Slivers
  • 2 Tablespoons Mini Chocolate Chips
  • 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
  • As needed Extra Honey
  • As needed Peanut Butter
Instructions
1) Mix the Jif Peanut Powder with the water.

2) Pour the oats, cereal, salt, honey, dates and peanut powder mixture together in a bowl. Stir until combined.

3) Add in the almonds, mini chips and coconut and mix together.

4) Check the mixture for consistency. The dough should be a bit dry and crumbly but it should easily hold it's shape. If needed you can add in more honey, more peanut powder mixture, or peanut butter to get the desired consistency and flavor.

5) Form dough into bite sized portions and roll into balls or flatten a bit into patties.

6) Enjoy as is or drizzle with melted chocolate.

Yield: 2 Dozen





#StartWithJifPowder
When you feel like there is so much you are giving up in the kitchen while trying to make better choices, it is so great to find a delicious & nutritious product like Jif Peanut Powder.

How would you use Jif Peanut Powder?

Now it's your turn to link up for this weeks Tuesday Talk!
Grab the button in my sidebar and join the fun.
Beth at Our Pretty Little Girls | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram 
 Becky at BYBMG | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Stephanie at Wife Mommy Me | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Christina at Waltzing In Beauty | Pinterest | Instagram
Michelle at Grammie Time | Pinterest | Instagram 


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.