Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Tuesday Talk 2016 V3, Show & Tell Tuesday Momfessions

In the almost two years I have been blogging I am pretty sure I have never dedicated an entire post to confessions. I mean sure we all know that I can't seem to just walk away from the cookies and there is that one time I admitted that I can't watch Santa Paws without crying, multiple times, but I have never just aired out all the dirty laundry, until today. 


Todays post is dedicated to fessing up to all the little things I do as a mom. 
I am pretty sure I won't be winning any mom of the year awards after this.



* Before the girls could read I would always shorten a long wordy story just to get it over with faster. 

* I hide in the closet or around corners all the time to eat snack without sharing or sneak a piece of candy, still! If they do catch me with what appears to be a full mouth and they ask what I'm eating I sometimes lie or give a half truth.

* When the girls walk in our bedroom on a Saturday morning I almost always pretend like I am asleep until it becomes absolutely necessary for me to get up, AKA they are arguing about something.

* I was a leash parent. Marissa ran around with a monkey on her back for YEARS and I have absolutely no apologies or regrets about doing that. #safetyfirst

* I never let my kids win games. Well I say never but really I mean 9 times out of 10. I'm not sure if it's tough love or I really am so competitive that I can't loose a game of Candy Land to a 4 year old.
 
* Sometimes I throw out some of the girls art. (Can a person really keep every single piece?! I think not!) If I happen to get caught in the act I claim it to be in error and hang the picture back on the fridge with a big "smile".

* When playing house with the girls I usually pretend my character is sick just so I can lay down. I get to lay there and they love taking care of me. It's a win, win. One time after a particularly long night I actually fell asleep. #oops

* I would tell my kids that pretty much anything tastes like candy or another food they already love if I think it would get them to try it. Example: Emily try the broccoli, it tastes just like a cookie. She has yet to be this gullible.

* Sometimes I scare my kids to the point of tears because I think it is really funny. All was well until they learned how to play back. I think I nearly peed my pants when Marissa recently hid in the floorboard of my car.

And I saved the best, or perhaps the worst for last.

* One time when I got pulled over by a cop I told Marissa to start crying in a panic. Yup, I am totally that lady. The one who thinks the cop will take pity on her because her kid is flipping out. She never cried and I still ended up walking away ticket free. I've spent the last 4.5 years making sure she knows that cops are our friends to try and right my wrong. It worked, I think.

Tuesday Talk

The hosts of Tuesday Talk would like to invite you to join us for a special themed week.



On Tuesday Talk, February 9th we will be sharing our love stories and would love for you to join us and share yours!
If you have any questions, leave me a comment!

Now it is your turn to link up for this weeks Tuesday Talk.
Grab the button in my sidebar and join the fun!
 Becky at BYBMG | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Stephanie at Wife Mommy Me | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Christina at Waltzing In Beauty | Pinterest | Instagram
Michelle at Grammie Time | Pinterest | Instagram 
I am also linking up with Andrea for Show & Tell Tuesdays.

Now it's your turn, what is one momfession you have?

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.