Monday, January 4, 2016

Life Lately: 32, Leaky Walls & A Brand New Year

Oh the craziness that has been life lately. 



We had such a calm, peaceful Christmas and then the 26th of December arrived and things started to go down hill.
I've mentioned the chaos but I thought I would catch you up on the details.
 
Where to start, where to start?

Early in the morning on Decmeber 26th the skies opened and the rains poured and poured, which provided me the perfect opportunity to break in my new rain boots. Seems like I bought those just in time.


Fast forward to the 27th and imagine a gabbing Beth talking on the phone to her mother pacing around the house. I usually find myself cleaning while I talk. Anyone else? Something about talking on the phone just makes me start randomly straightening the house up (I really should talk on the phone more often). I was in Marissa's room when I thought: Is my sock wet? Why is my sock wet? I then reached down and touched the carpet... it was wet. I pretty much hang up on my mother and frantically call Russ.

Chaos had officially broke loose.

The next day (my birthday) is a combo of me crying (multiple times), trying to forget the mess, demolition and a little bit of celebrating.





It was the best worst birthday a girl could ask for.

The next two days were spent trying to figure out the mystery of the leaky wall and preparing for the New Year. Now would be an excellent time to say that I love my husband. He is smart and handy in ways that I can't begin to explain or even understand.


As for the wall, to make a long story short, it was really a "freak accident". Something that never should have been a problem became a problem. It was one of those 1 in 100 kind of situations.

New Years Eve came and Russ spent most of his day off freezing outside. I picked my one little word for 2016 and then we realized we were without kids on New Years Eve and we had absolutely nothing to do. Thankfully some friends invited us to crash their party and we had the best time.




And just like that it was a whole new year.

Hello 2016!
 
The rest of the weekend was spent working on the wall, playing with Legos, making plans for 2016, grocery shopping, joining a new gym and starting room re-do plans.




So here I am "back to school" on a Monday morning hoping and praying that the excitement and mess that brought in the New Year doesn't set the mood for the rest of the year.
 
Please tell me your New year started better than mine?!

Happy Monday friends!
 
post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.