Friday, January 15, 2016

Friday Highlights 2016 V2

Happy Fri-Yay!

The weekend is here, finally!
I think our second week back to school may have been even more challenging than our first.

Weekend plans over here consist of finishing some sheet rock, taco night with our dear friends and a whole lot of nothing else. It sounds delightfully boring and I mean that in the best way possible.

Now onto this weeks Friday highlights!

{ONE} Blog Highlights


This week on the blog I shared...
My favorite new savory biscuit recipe.
A DIY headband holder tutorial
Insta-life Lately
A $250 Cash Giveaway
V1 of the Picture Perfect Project

{TWO} Camera Toys

After Christmas I bought myself a few Christmas presents with some Christmas cash I was given.
Here are a few really inexpensive additions that I am loving.

Two lens hoods and a Lens pen plus more in one great combo pack for only 10.99!
BARGAIN!

If I am being totally honest I am not exactly positive when to use these. I mean I have ideas, but...?
So they should be fun to play with. These reflectors were only $11.45

Anyone use these?
Wireless camera remote for the win! This was the best $8.49 I have spent in a long time!


And now my already cramped camera bag is overflowing.
I am eyeballing this back pack, but I just don't want to spend the money on it right now.


Have you been playing with any new gadgets?

{THREE} Room Progress

So the room went from this...


To this in less than a week! #progress


I also ordered bedding, eeeekkkk!!!


If I am being honest it wasn't what I expected to get her, but it works so perfectly. It is girly, bright, cheerful and fun. I can definitely see her loving it for years too. Once I pick it up I can finalize the perfect shade of minty blue and we will be almost there.

The other day she started to get really excited about her room redo and asked me if I could make her room look really different. I promised to do my best :). 

{FOUR} PInteresting

A few Pinterest gems I have been loving lately. 

This adorable sign
I am thinking I may make my own version of this.

DIY Pallet Wood Love Sign

These cookies!
I made these for Christmas and I have dreamed of the every day since.
I know, I know. I said I was going to put the cookies down. *sigh*

Chewy Lemon Snowdrop Cookies are perfectly little pillows of chewy lemonness. They look unassuming, but might be the best cookie ever made!:

This mantle decor.
I don't decorate much for Valentines but I would like to. Swap out that paint sample garland for something with red burlap or a bunting and this would be just about perfect if you ask me. 


Muffins
I have a thing for muffins, I LOVE them! Ever since the hubby got me one of those jumbo muffin tins I have been baking them way to often. We tried out this recipe on Saturday. So good!

Apple Coffee Cake Muffins - fresh apple chunks, crumble topping, chopped pecans and glaze!

{FIVE} Giveaway

Anyone want to win $250 cash?
Yeah me too, here's your chance!


Friday Linkup Parties
To see where I am linking up check out my link-up tab.

Have a great weekend!
We will see you back here soon.

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.