Friday, January 22, 2016

Friday Highlights 2016 V3

Happy Fri-Yay!
 
Well I do believe that Fri-Yay has officially became my favorite made up word.
How can you not smile when you say it too?!

This week.
 I can think of a few wordst to sum up this week, but I won't share them all ;). Let's summarize the week with cold, chaos, busy, short and did I mention cold? The room madness is nearly over and Russ and I are both oh so ready for a reset. But I'll update you more on that here in a bit.

Weekend plans include recovering from the craziness, getting life back to normal and with a little luck a date night!

Now onto this weeks Friday highlights!

{ONE} Blog Highlights

This week I shared...


My first attempt at the $10 at Target challenge!
My first ever confession post, momfession style.
Simple ways you can make better choices and nourish what matters.
A link up announcement: The Kids Behind The Blog!

{TWO} I love...

Last year I shared about a simple ways I expressed love to my girls in the weeks leading up to Valentines Day. 


One heart on their doors every day that said something about them that I love.


I can't wait to do this again and thought some of you might like to give it a try yourself.

{THREE} Our Love Story

On this weeks Tuesday Talk we announced an upcoming "special edition"


On Tuesday February 9th the hosts of Tuesday Talk are going to share their love stories and we would like to invite you to share yours too. How you met, love through the years, your wedding story. Feel free to be creative!

The link-up goes live at 7:00 CST.
Feel free to snag this graphic or you can use the Tuesday Talk one  found on my side bar.

{FOUR} Room Progress 

I've been using Fridays to give a weekly update on the mess that is my daughters room. At the end of December we discovered a leak *insert scream*. The leak meant hours of labor inside and outside the house, taking a wall in her room down to the studs, drying it out and then having to put it all back together. It has been a LONG month friends.

But on Tuesday we bought paint!


And now the room looks like this!

The carpet layers came and reinstalled the carpet yesterday and the girls were more than happy to play in the two tone room. Does this photo also make you want to eat cotton candy? Yes? No? Just me? 


We ditched the rest of the pink and wrapped up paining on Thursday evening.
I am happy to say she will be moving back into her room tonight, almost a month later!

We are SO close to having this whole mess behind us and an updated room that she can grow into.
Now all I need is a trip to IKEA to pick up a few "essentials" and a dresser painted to wrap this project up!

Best way to paint furniture?
Share your tips with me so I can give her dresser a MUCH needed face lift.

{FIVE} New Link-ups!

I couldn't be happier to welcome two new monthly link-ups into my "blog rotation".
Earlier I mentioned that I announced a new link-up this week, The Kids Behind The Blog


It is a fun monthly Q&A link-up with the kids that made us mamas. You can read more details HERE. Our first linkup is Wednesday February 10th and we would LOVE for you to join us.

I am also excited to tell you the $10 at Target is going to be an official Link up starting next month!


I will have more details on this in the coming weeks but for now plan to join us on February 22nd for our first official link-up!

Friday Linkup Parties
To see where I am linking up check out my link-up tab.

Have a great weekend!
We will see you back here soon.

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.