Saturday, January 2, 2016

One Little Word {2016}

It's about 4:43 p.m. on this last day of 2015 and I find myself sitting alone in a very quiet house. The girls have left to go have a slumber party at my parents house and Russ is outside, freezing, fixing "the wall". Trust me, there will be more details on this in the coming week.

For the past week, maybe more, I have been milling around the idea of "choosing a word" for 2016. Last year a light bulb switched on and I realized I didn't need resolutions or a New Year, I needed Jesus. I still sit here with that thought pressing heavy on my mind and a post that I wrote a year ago still seems so relevant to my life. There were so many times through the year that I reflected back on that post. Moments of frustration, anger, sorrow, depression and joy. There were also moments when I forgot about it too. Focusing on Grace last year was so good for my heart and I fully believe I could chose to do it again and it would be even better.

But there is one word that keeps coming to my mind and I can't seem to shake it.


This year I am setting my heart to be more present.

To put down my phone and make eye contact when someone is talking to me.
To just watch the movie instead of trying to multi-task 10 things during it.
To actually engage and focus on who I am with.

Present in my thoughts, actions and words.

What is your one little word for 2016?
 
post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.