Friday, February 27, 2015

Friday Highlights 2.27.15

Friday, Friday!

So thankful for the arrival of the weekend.

Plans for this weekend are hopefully uneventful. I am thinking Russ can work on the project car and I can prepare stuff for a consignment sale. Throw in church, NASCAR on Sunday, blog post writing, grocery shopping and you have yourself a complete weekend.

We're living the crazy life, I know.


{ONE} Emily's 4th Birthday

Last week we celebrated Emily's 4th Birthday!



It was celebrated with everything Minnie Mouse (for the 3rd year in a row), cake, and quite possibly the largest stuffed Minnie you have ever seen. 

Can anyone say obsessed?

{TWO} Disqus

Many of you have noticed that I recently installed Disqus.

A few of you have asked me questions so I thought I would address them on the blog.

1. Why the change? Simple answer I am SO, SO tired of no reply bloggers. Blogging for me is all about getting to know those who read my blog and interacting with them. I could not do that with 50% or more of my readers and for me that was a huge problem that needed to be addressed.

2. Was it easy to install? Crazy easy I did it in minutes from the comfort of my local Chick Fil-a.

3. Do I like it? It has only been one week so I don't have an official opinion on it yet. There are a few things that I am not crazy about, but others I am. Ultimately if it means better communication, I think I will be keeping it around for a while. 

{THREE} Girl Mom

It's here, its finally here!

Yesterday I kicked off my first ever blog series.


I shared my story about being a girl mom and what that means to me. 


Starting on March 12th I will have one guest post every Thursday for several weeks. I can't wait to share so many other amazing girl moms and their stories with you.

If you would like to join the fun you can fill out this survey.

{FOUR} Romance & Parenting

This week on Tuesday Talk I linked up with Stephanie from Wife Mommy Me for this months Mom Talk Tuesday subject: Romance & Parenting. 
.

For us, it is all about keeping our priorities straight and the little things.
Check out my post to read more about how we mingle the two together.

{FIVE} Church


 If we're personal friends on Facebook you may have seen this post. 

Yesterday at 7:14 am · Edited · 
6 years ago we found a church that loved us just the way we were. Flawed, stained, busted and bruised. I came to have an understanding of grace and the gospel that I never imagined possible. My walk with Christ became something real. They were the face of Christ when we had physically lost almost everything after the 2011 tornado. I am so thankful that God brought us to be a part of this body, even if it was just for a season. Change is coming as our church closes it's doors. The next few weeks may not be easy but we know that God is good and promises to always be with us. He has a plan and God will be glorified.
Your prayers for the people at Mystery are appreciated.

We found the news out a little over a week ago but I have been taking my time letting others know. I wasn't sure how to put this on my blog. I try to keep things real around here and I want to share my life with others, this is a HUGE part of my life. 

Our pastor also wrote a beautiful letter that I wanted to share with you. It walks through the history of our church and what ultimately brought our church to this point.

Our family is dealing with so many emotions right now but the one I feel the most is completely overwhelmed by God's goodness. I feel like He has been preparing my heart for this for weeks before it happened. I know He is good and faithful and is glorified in all things, including this.

Please join me in praying for our family, both physical and spiritual, over the next few weeks as we finish strong and find a new place to call home.

Friday Linkup Parties
To see where I am linking up check out my link-up tab.


Have a great weekend!
We will see you back here on Monday.

post signature



30 comments:

  1. Yay for uneventful weekends - those are perfect! Hoping to have some of those around here soon too! So sorry about your church - that's so hard to loose something that's such a big part of your life. Change is always hard but especially when it's big. I'll be thinking of you guys. And praying - i'm not a church person but I pray so you'll be in my prayers. I still need to read about Emily's bday bc I just LOVE that giant minnie mouse :) Happy Friday friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Minnie is huge! When I was younger I was that way with Winnie the Pooh...I wanted all the things Pooh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So last weekend we were flipping through channels and the Daytona 500 came on. Neither Scott or I are much for NASCAR, but when we changed the channel Marcus FLIPPED OUT. He was so entranced by the cars. So, we all sat, somewhat mesmerized, until the end of the race. Looks like we might be watching more this weekend, too.


    I loved your post yesterday. So incredibly sweet.


    Lastly, I've been wondering about switching to Disqus for some time now… Still unsure as to whether or not I should make the change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your family and your church family. I'll be keeping y'all in my thoughts and prayers.
    I thoroughly enjoy Disqus. I love receiving everything through email, and being able to reply immediately.

    Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I'm sorry to hear about your church, my prayers are with you. I do believe that when a door closes something even better is planned for you in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! I believe that too. It's all part of Gods plan and that will be for our good. I am excited to see where He leads us.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it?!?! Crazy huge. Lol, she is that exact same way about Minnie. Anything Minnie Mouse and she is one happy girl. I just wonder if she will ever grow out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe!!! Yes Marcus! I absolutely love that. My girls always pick a car. I am a 24, 48, 88 fan. Emily picks the orange car and Marissa cheers for "the girl" I never imagined myself being a NASCAR fan, but surprise, I love it. Maybe it will grow on you guys.

    Thanks friend.

    It was such a hard decision, I debated for WEEKS then made the plunge as a spur of the moment ordeal before I could talk myself out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks friend.

    There are so many things I just dont quite grasp about disqus. Like I have to click the reply link from the email right? I can't just direct reply, or can I?

    You too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, so sorry to hear about your church. Church is family. And it's hard when family goes through a period of change. But think of the exciting things God has planned now for you, your family and church family! Who knows what He has planned, but it's bound to be good! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still cannot get over that giant Minnie Mouse!! so so so cute. I am so sorry to hear about your Church, it is so difficult to find a place where you feel that you fit in and meets your needs. Prayers for you and the whole congregation to find their new home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sucks about your church!! I hope you will find another wonderful place of worship very soon! And that Minnie still blows my mind--- it's like you have a third kid!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've actually recently learned that you can direct reply from your email. It makes it a lot easier. Plus it shows up on the blog too. Hope this helps!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying you find a new church home! I love diqus!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What?! I am sending this as a test to see if it really works!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness it works! I am SOLD!!! Disqus is THE best!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday to Emily!
    I hope you find a new church soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much!

    I am confident that we will :). Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much friend!

    I love it to now that I know I can direct reply to emails :). So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much. I feel very confident that we will soon!


    Oh my goodness I died laughing. That is EXACTLY how I feel :). Glad I don't have to feed it ;).

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's simply just insane. It feels kind of like another kid.

    Thanks friend. I am confident God will put is in the right place.

    Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. YES! You are exactly right. I love my church family. Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I couldn't possibly agree any more with you.



    Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I was actually going to ask you about Disqus... glad to hear you like it! I thought about changing to it too since I have the problem with no reply commenters as well. Disqus forces you to have a email to use it right? Did you find less people comment now because of it? Or no? Do you mind that everyone can read all your comments? If you have something private to say, do you just email back directly?

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE it! Especially now that I have figured out how I can direct reply through my email. I didn’t realize that you could do that until Friday.
    It does force you to have an email if you set it up that way. I have found my comments to actually be going up and I can interact with everyone, win win! If It was personal I could just direct email it sends me that info when someone comments. But honestly I don’t mind others reading one bit.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have been wanting to switch from blogger comments to something else. Let me know how you like it, what don't you like? I'm so wishy washy when it comes to changing something...but you're right, I don't like that I can't reply to blogger directly...I wonder if when you post a reply here, does it always go to their in box? I know when you wrote me back here, it went to my inbox...I wonder if that is the same for everyone?

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm glad that you're liking it...like I said above, should have read the other comments before commenting...Just need to do it and see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hehe, no problem! I really really like it. Especially knowing I can direct reply. I will definitely be keeping it around.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Isn’t it funny how easy it is to get out of the loop. Two or three days even and I’m all like, say what? We will find another home soon, I feel confident of that for sure.
    I really love Disqus, however I have not tried that, I don’t think you can sadly…. but I rarely do that any way if I am being honest. So I guess if I really wanted to I would just have to ask. Which I can definitely see myself doing at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm so sorry your church is closing but I know God will lead you in the right direction to another church. Congrats on Girl Mom's! That's awesome. Thanks so much for linking up to H54F!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you so much. I have full confidence that He will put us in just the right place.

    ReplyDelete