Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tuesday Talk: Project Fair 2015

Welcome to another week of Tuesday Talk.

We are so glad your here. We would love to have you link and mingle with us this week. 

Becky from BYBMG, Beth from Our Pretty Little Girls, Whitney from Polka Dotty Place, Elizabeth from All Kinds of Things, Tara from Mrs.Coach Sims, Keri from Living In This Season, Sarah from Abiding In Grace, Lauren fromSimply Free , Andrea from Mitchael Journey, Jessica & Katie from Sweet Little Ones, Mandy from Almond Place, Teressa from Teressa Jane


Today's post is about my favorite first grader and her very first project.

Every year our home school co-op host an annual project fair. The rules are easy, there aren't any. Anything goes art, science, literature, history whatever you kid wants to do. Marissa being an animal lover and slightly infatuated with Wild Kratts chose to do her project on her favorite animal, the Panda.

That girl worked and worked and then worked some more.


I could have taken a hundred photos of her doing this, because she worked for around an hour every day for two weeks.

Finally all her work payed off and she ended up with a pile of papers ready for her board.


That handwriting. She works so hard on hers and embarrassingly enough it often looks better than mine does.

She assembled her board (with some help).

Then she practiced her presentation


and practiced some more.


Finally the big day was here. I watched as she proudly displayed her work.



Then presented her project to her class.


This mama's heart was so proud it could have burst into pieces.

Marissa I am SO proud of you and your hard work.
I am so lucky to call myself you mom and teacher.

I love you!


Speaking of home school...

I receive a lot of questions about this topic so I thought it would be fun to do a blog post focused on answering your questions, anything and everything. 


If you have a question for me, leave it in the comments or send me an email. I will do my best to answer what I can in an April blog post.

Now it's your turn grab the button and link up.

Our Pretty Little Girls

39 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed! What a great job! Love panda bears too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I know, she is getting painfully big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Keri. Panda bears are my favorite animal too and have been since I was SO young. I was completely over the moon when she picked them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this project! You can just see how proud she is of all her hard work in these photos- so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, that poster is ADORABLE! She did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my gosh, how cute is that! She worked so hard, I would definitely be a proud Mama bear too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That's awesome! Her hard work definitely paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! She did a great job. I am so impressed with her art skillz!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She did a great job! I have so many memories of doing projects like these in grade school. Long time ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw that is too cute! Such a smart girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know, I do too! It feels like forever ago doesn't it?!

    Thanks Jamie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaaahhh, thanks Ashley. She was super nervous and worried about the art but I helped her a teensy bit and it worked out well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Amy! It certainly did. But, this mama is SO glad that it is over :).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aaaahhh I LOVE that you remember it. That is so awesome! It was a lot more work than I thought it was going to be. So to say I am happy it's over would definitely not be a lie ;).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Sarah! She did work SO hard. I was definitely not sad when it was over ;).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you! She was so proud especially after her presentation when she was all done and didn't need to feel nervous any more. It was a big task for a 6 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great project!! My son is also obsessed with Wild Kratts, but I love it when he plays and I can tell that he has learned things from it. The other day he was telling me that Koalas eat Eucalyptus leaves...he is 4!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Desiree @ Macke MonologuesMarch 31, 2015 at 10:53 PM

    I love that there are no rules and the kids were able to choose whatever they wanted!
    Marissa's project looks like it was a smashing success!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What Desiree said! I love that they could do what they wanted and there were no rules. Just let the kids be creative. Her project is SO good. My mama heart is beaming for her and you. I can only imagine how proud you are!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes!!! They have learned so much by watching that show. Much better than some TV shows they could be hooked on :). Marissa is always spouting off random animal facts, I LOVE it :)!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Me too! Such a great perk of a small homeschool group.

    Thanks friend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that too! We are really blessed to be a part of such a great, laid back group. Thanks friend. It felt like such a huge moment, my baby is growing up :(.

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh man this had me sniffly. I hated doing board projects but she just looks like she was SO into it. And I love that she could do anything she wanted. That makes it the most fun.

    ReplyDelete
  24. She's adorable and she did a GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. She was and wasn't into it. There were a few tears over having to rewrite sloppy sentences. Other than that she loved every second of it. It was SO nice that she was able to pick her own theme. That really helped to make it feel like less of an assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so much. All of her hard work definitely paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awww, she looks so proud...and you do too! She did a great job!!!

    I would like to know what curriculum and books you use and what your daily schedule is like! Thanks! Looking forward to reading your home schooling post!

    -Jess
    www.sweetlittleonesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great job!! I love this idea!!! Thanks for sharing. :)
    Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you Sarah!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you so much!

    Great question, I will definitely be covering those in my post. Thanks for asking!

    Have a great weekend Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Tea in hand, the #park a trip to the library and some random spring showers. We are totally rocking this #springbreak thing.

    #Teadrinker #parkday #momlife #homeschoollife #spring

    ReplyDelete
  32. She did so awesome! You can totally see how proud of herself she is for her hard work and that's a big part of this learning! So cool she got to pick anything - which can actually be hard to have to be creative. Oh and I LOVE her practicing her presentation to her sister! Just something about that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks Jenny! She was so proud of her hard work. I like that photo too. It was so sweet that Emily was patient enough to listen too her about 20 times :).

    ReplyDelete