Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Exercise For Kids: Cosmic Yoga

Health and fitness is very important to me. I wish I could say it always has been, but that would be a HUGE lie. Just a little over a year ago I was a couch potato. I never exercised. When I finally decided to change that I had to go buy workout clothes before I could even start (kidding, not kidding).

Before I knew it something happened, something unexpected. I started to enjoy exercising and I fell in love with running. That brought a whole lot of changes, changes for the better and all of them happened just in time...
little eyes were watching. 

Setting a good example for my girls was something that I never gave any thought when I began exercising. Over a year later I look back and see how me being active has made a positive impact on my kids. My journey has positively influenced my girls. It doesn't get much better than that for this mama.

Today I want to share with you our new favorite way to exercise together inside. It is the perfect way to start a morning or for those days when you want to do something, but it's to cold to get outside and play.


Let me introduce you to Cosmic Yoga on YouTube. It's yoga, stretching, exercise, stories and most importantly it's fun! It encourages kids to exercise, gives them something new to try and sneaks in basic yoga fundamentals.

Don't believe me? Check it out for yourself!


Yoga has quickly became Marissa's favorite part of our school day. She begs to do it and when a video is over she is already asking to do another. Here are a few photos from our latest "class". 

*Please pardon Emily's crazy hair ;). Those naturally curly haired folks aren't lying when say not to mess with "the beast".







Do you exercise with your kids?
What do you enjoy doing the most?

 Linking up with Stephanie for:
Wife Mommy Me

post signature


9 comments:

  1. How much fun! When Annabelle is older and can follow directions I would love to so something like this (she is already randomly doing downward facing dog). Also, I don't think Emily's hair looks crazy at all! I love all those curls. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SO much fun. Baby downward dog is the best, lol. Thanks friend! I love them to even when they get a bit wild!

      Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. I really like the idea of exercising with your kids, and making it fun. I'll have to remember this for when my daughter is a bit older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, where did you find the mini yoga mats? Lily loves to yoga with us! We yoga as a family at night together, but I am totally going to look into the cosmic yoga videos for some self guided time for her! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! My 3.5 year old boy loves "working out" with me. His favorite moves are squats, burpees and kettlebell swings (that he does with an inflatable ball with a handle) I never force him to workout with me, but he always ends up joining me! I've also done a few 5k's where I bring along the stroller and let him run when he wants - he especially likes running across the finish line and everyone cheering for him. The last 5k we did he ran more than he was in the stroller - so fun! He's really high energy so I'm not sure if yoga will keep his attention, but I am going to give it a try. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Their little yoga poses are the cutest things. It's obvious they are really into it.
    When Marcus was a little younger (ie. smaller, lighter) I used to run with him in the BOB every day. We still occasionally go for runs, and he sees Scott and me working out in our garage all the time. I'm really hoping with all the influence we've had with working out and exercise it will be something that comes naturally for him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pictures are adorable! That is really awesome that they are into it. I tried to do some yoga with Aria but mostly she isn't interested. Although she loves downward dog on her own and has since before she could walk. So I'm hoping one day she'll join me in some yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've actually been meaning to pull up some Zumba for Wyatt and I. We love to dance! I'll have to try this when he gets a little bigger, I think he'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wanting to try something like this but have yet to research something! This looks great!

    ReplyDelete