Monday, February 22, 2016

Vegan Coconut Shortbread Cookies & Silk Nutchello {Recipe}

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HelloNutchello #CollectiveBias

One of my favorite parts of the day comes in the afternoon. About 3:00 when we finish school I start thinking of laundry, dinner and the bills that need to be payed, which will most likely be late because I forgot to pay them. Again. But before I let the chaos of our life consume me I try to take a few minutes just for me. 

A few minutes to sit in the quiet, refocus and indulge just a bit. 
The even better part is when the indulgence comes guilt free.

#HelloNutchello


Recently while I was shopping at Walmart I came across Silk Nutchello. Silk Nutchello is a brand new product and comes in 3 delicious nut based flavors: Caramel Almond & Cashews, Dark Chocolate & Walnuts, Toasted Coconut & Cashews. 


They are all under 90 calories a serving an have less than 15 grams of sugar in them. Silk Nutchello is free of dairy, soy, lactose, gluten, casein and carageenan. They are also free of artificial colors & flavors.
No funny business!

How is that for guilt free?


Silk Nutchello can be served many ways, including in cocktails, GENIUS!
But it does taste best poured over ice.


After trying out Nutchello I felt inspired to find other ways I could indulge guilt free.
I've been pretty honest about the feelings I have for cookies, I love them. Having a healthier cookie recipe on hand would be so helpful when the cookie cravings come. I rolled up my sleeves in the kitchen and began creating a treat that wasn't to sweet, had zero refined sugar and it is even vegan!

 

print recipe

Vegan Coconut Shortbread Cookies
A simple vegan cookie recipe that pairs perfectly with Silk Nutchello
Ingredients
  • 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
  • 1 1/2 Cups Flour
  • Dash of Salt
  • 1/3 Cup Agave Nectar
  • 1/4 tsp Extract Vanilla, Almond or Lemon
Instructions
1) Cream the coconut oil and the agave nectar together until well mixed.

2) Add in the salt, extract and salt mixing just until the dough forms. The dough should be moist but not sticky. If it is a bit dry you can add a bit more agave nectar. If it is too wet add flour 1/2 T at a time.

3) Roll out the dough on a baking mat until it is 1/2" thick.

4) Using a pizza cutter cut the cookies into 1x3" rectangles.

5) Carefully transfer to a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes.
*Warning these cookies go from not quite done to done fast. Mine turned out a teensy bit browner than I would have liked them too.

Details
Yield: 1 Dozen Cookies

I'll admit it, I was nervous.
Cookies with no sugar?

The end result turned out perfect. It is kid approved, fast and easy to make and the perfect pairing for my afternoon retreat with my glass of Silk Nutchello



Today I want to challenge you to make a change.

 Instead of reaching for the coffee, soda, tea whatever, try this better for you nut beverage instead. 
Then you too will be left saying things like #HelloNutchello or "It must be 3:00 somewhere?!"


Which flavor of Silk Nutchello would you like to try first?

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.