Wednesday, May 21, 2014

It's The Little Things/ Summer Fun!

I think this is the first week that it really feels like we are on summer vacation even though we have been out of school for almost 2 weeks now. Partly because the weather is once again warm and sunny the other part is I have finally got everything from last year all wrapped up, put away and organized. I even started and completed next years lesson plans (patting myself on the back for that one)!

Yesterday we enjoyed a fun summer day, I can't wait for more days like this to follow.

First up was Pizza with Mimi and Papa!





After lunch we came home had our "quiet time" It is what used to be nap time. Sadly they don't ever sleep anymore so we have our own down time so we (I) get a chance to de-stress. 

Next we headed outside for some sprinkler fun.




Yup, I can't wait for more summer days.


I could definitely get used to this!



post signature



6 comments:

  1. No naps make me want to weep and gnash my teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. We call it our "playground". That was A LOT of work last summer but definitely worth it!

      Delete
  3. LOVE your backyard set up! I can't wait to do summer pool and sprinkler time -- but first a run to Toy R us is needed to get some outside toys! :) And the thought of no nap makes my head spin --- so glad they at least do quiet time for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Long story short we ended up getting a BUNCH of paver stones for free (yay) and the hubby hates mowing around a swing set so we came up with that corner play area idea. Which works great in our big yard. Although rumor has it we will soon be getting a trampoline for a 6th birthday. I am sure he will LOVE mowing around that, HA!

      No nap time is a BUMMER. I knew it would happen eventually. I just wished Emily had lasted until she was at least 4. I think she is just afraid of missing out on something fun :).

      Delete