Thursday, June 11, 2015

Girl Mom Series: Jessica, The Organized Mama


Hello! My name is Jessica and I am the mama behind the blog, The Organized Mama. Being an organizing junkie, I share my tips and tricks for staying organized with little kiddos. In addition to organizing, I share home decorating, DIY, crafting, and mom-life. I am a special education teacher turned stay-at-home mom and organizer! I have two fantastic kiddos (oldest is a boy, youngest is a girl), who are 16 months apart, along with a crazy Schnoodle puppy. When I’m not organizing our house, I can be found watching trashy reality shows, drinking way too much coffee, or sleeping! I am so honored to be a part of the Girl Mom Series!

This is an open letter to my daughter that was sparked after finding a quote on Pinterest.

Baby On Playground

Dearest Daughter, 

In life, you’re going to be left out, talked about, lied to and used; But it is up to you to decide who is worth your tears and who is not. -Anonymous 

This quote really hits home for me, as it is a lesson I really want to teach you, my beautiful, smart, caring, funny daughter. Growing up, I was left out of parties, talked about and lied to on many occasions, as I am sure most teenagers are. But when you are in the middle of the “drama”, it ends up making you question your self-worth. You start to believe these things being said, and begin to not trust people, and begin to “toughen up”. I never want you to “toughen up”. I want you to stay positive, stay caring, stay kind, stay compassionate, stay trusting of others. Just stay true to who you are, what you believe, and what speaks to your heart. For then, you will truly find your happy place, and begin to be able to enjoy life, instead of worrying about what everyone else thinks about you. As I got older, I got wiser about these situations. I quickly realized that people who “suck the life out of you” are not worth your time. I have become comfortable with my decisions that I have made in my life. My hope is for you see my confidence, and some of that will rub off on you. I’m not saying that it will be easy, but I know you can do it if you just trust yourself and your beliefs. I promise to always be there for you. To be a listening ear. To be a problem-solver with you. To stay positive when things are looking grey. To sit quietly with you, not having to say a word. I promise not to judge your decisions, even though this will be incredibly challenging for me to do. I never want to see you hurt, but if you decide that that is path you want to take, I trust you. So please stay true to who you are, and I know you will learn quickly who is worth your tears and who is not. And I promise to trust you, no matter what. 

xoxo, 
Mommy 

Baby On Bike

Thank you so much for letting me share in your Girl Mom Series! I truly enjoyed sharing my thoughts with you all! And if you like what you read or are in the market for help organizing, please check out my blog, The Organized Mama!

Follow My Organizing Adventures at:

Thanks Jessica.

We have such a tough role as parents now days to mold those precious vulnerable hearts. Finding a balance in a cruel world full of so many extremes seems almost impossible. I think of this so often when I think about my girls. 

I often pray that my girls would learn to be true to the person God made them to be and proud of who they are even when it's not easy. I pray that they would never question their worth and know without a doubt in the eyes of their Heavenly Father they are priceless. Nobody can or will ever change that.

Praying and preparing their hearts for those days when the heartache comes.
Planting seeds now for the future.
Trusting God in all things.

Make sure you stop by The organized Mama, say hello and follow along!

If you're interested in sharing your story about being a girl mom fill out this survey and I will be in touch.

post signature


6 comments:

  1. Those teen years are so rough. I hope my little girl gets to the other side of it all decently unscathed. I really like that quote though! We all go through the same things basically, but how you react is entirely up to you. Good lesson for girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Courtney! I am working on making that quote into a pretty graphic to hang in my daughters' bedroom. I figure I'll keep decorating her room with inspiration so as the years pass, she'll be surrounded by positivity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive seen that quote on Pinterest too! I also hope I can prepare my girls for the future without jading them; even with all the bad there is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is such a great letter, and is exactly how I feel about my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I love the way you put it Whitney. That is exactly how I feel too!

    ReplyDelete