Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Highlights 1.23.15

Hello there Friday!

How was your week?! Ours was pretty awesome. It was filled with school work, sunshine, UPS deliveries, a hair cut and plenty of picture taking practice. Plus with more beautiful weather ahead, I have high hopes that the weekend will be just as enjoyable.


{ONE} Almost 35!

Next week is the hubby's birthday and the girls are getting so excited to celebrate. I have plans to make him a cheesecake and I bought the stuff to make his favorite meal, lasagna. His present arrived, special breakfast is planned and he has the day off work. We are ready to shower that guy with love on Tuesday.


{TWO} Home School Resources

Earlier this week I posted a list of some of my favorite home school resources that we use. Hindsight says I probably should have titled it educational resources. This list definitely goes beyond just home school use. I know families that may not home school still incorporate learning into their homes outside of school work. Check it out!


{THREE} Lauren Conrad Skinnies

They finally arrived! After several days of waiting and a delivery that was almost forgot by the mail man my new Lauren Conrad Skinny Boot jeans are here. I ordered two colors and after a little poll on Instagram I was "forced" to choose to keep the black and the dark blue. Y'all are enablers ;).


Pro: I love them, I love them, I love them they are simply my favorite jeans ever and the talls that I order online fit like a dream.

Con: They changed the sizing. Good thing I read the reviews before I ordered. Sadly I was forced into sizing up, boo! Why did they do that?! I would much rather shop at Old Navy where I get to size down. No girl enjoys sizing up. Whatever though, they are worth it. 

{FOUR} The Reveal

I cut my hair!!!!

After debating and debating last week, I did it and I am SO glad that I did. 


I feel like a brand new woman. 

{FIVE} Pictures Pictures

We had some amazingly gorgeous weather this week and I was able to spend some time practicing my photog skills. I know, I know I have already shared some of these pictures but I just can't help myself. They are so cute.






Emily played so hard and so much this week that she fell asleep in the floor playing in her sisters room.


Have a great weekend!
We will see you back here on Monday!

Linking up with:
Karli
Andrea
Katie


post signature


16 comments:

  1. That picture of the girls on the trampoline so totally needs to be a canvas. Such a beaut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so much fun! Loving all the pictures and your jeans are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I love those jeans! So cute!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all these awesome pictures! so jealous of your amazing weather - outside is just the best for photos! I love that crashed out on the floor photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks beautiful!! And sorry not sorry about voting for both jeans! ;) I love LC skinnies! Glad you kept them :)

    Have a great weekend!
    Katie @ Sweet Little Ones

    ReplyDelete
  6. You kept both pairs - YAY!!! Solid decision.
    I'm still in love with your new 'do. It looks so good.
    And your pictures are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for posting about your homeschool resources. I am visiting from Momfessionals. I have two toddlers and I've just started looking into homeschool options for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so exciting! Good luck in your search. Homeschooling is so much fun!

      Thanks for saying hello.

      Delete
  8. YAY homemade cheesecake! I may just ditch work on Tuesday and come over to your house! Haha. Hope you guys have a great time celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look beautiful and I love the pictures!
    Stopping by from the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The haircut looks fabulous!!! So pretty. And you're taking excellent pictures! I wish I could do the same. Thanks for linking up with us again at H54F! See you next week!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      You are too kind, I don't really feel like I am excellent... but I am slowly getting better.

      Yes you will, have a great week!

      Delete
  11. LOVE that picture of the girls jumping- gorgeous! Also, I am very jealous of your weather. It's so cold and crappy here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Eve to him! Lasagna is Chris' fave too.

    ReplyDelete