Thursday, January 8, 2015

No Reply

Hands down one of my favorite parts about blogging is you, my readers. Without you this would be A LOT less fun. I guess it would make a nice online journal to reference someday, but that would be about it. If I am being honest creating a journal is really the reason I started blogging in the first place. I thought it would be awesome for my girls to be able to look back and catch a glimpse of their childhood someday. I feel pretty confident guessing that I am not the only blogger that had that in mind when they started.

Then something unexpected happened.

 I met people, AMAZING people. People I connected with, people that became friends. Good friends that I have never even met. My husband thinks I am crazy when I bring up Jenny and the house her family is building, Desiree in sunny California or how cute Courtney's daughter is.... and that applies to several of you :). 
(Apparently Courtney translates to cute offspring in some language.)

My point is I LOVE connecting with my readers. 

Sadly that isn't always something that works out easily.

On a daily basis comments are left on my blog that I want to reply to, but I can't.


No reply blogger, you can change. A simple setting in you profile hides your email address. When you write a comment on my post it comes from, you guessed it, no reply blogger. I obviously can not email you back. That means I am left with the only other option, directly replying to your comment on my page which most of the time you probably never will never see.


The good news is, it's an easy fix! It will take you about 30 seconds and you will instantly feel more loved when you find out the people you thought were ignoring weren't. 

1. In the top right corner of your blogger dashboard you will see a down arrow, click on it.


2. You should now see this box. Click on Blogger profile.


3. Now you are on this screen where in the upper right corner you can select edit profile.


4. Make sure the box that says show my email address IS checked. 
If you are a no reply blogger it won't be.


5. Scroll down, and save your profile.


Your done!

 See I told you it was easy. I would have gone on for MONTHS being a no reply blogger if I wasn't informed by a fellow blogger that I was. I hope this post helps you to connect with readers, the blogs you read and hopefully that just might include me.

Have a great day!

post signature



21 comments:

  1. I hate that blogger gives that Google+ option in the beginning because then you are automatically a no-reply blogger! I always tell my clients to remove that option when we are setting up their new blog or working on their design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you did this! I too was a no reply blogger once! I didn't even know what that meant until someone showed me the light! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm writing this same type of post right now!! We have Google Plus, and it changes ours back to no reply every once in awhile...kind of annoying to check back :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you shared this! You'd be surprised at how many people do not know about this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tip :) I had this set a long time ago, and so glad I fixed it! I've met so many wonderful people through this awesome community, yourself included!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had this same problem and it was always frustrating. I finally installed Disqus on my blog and I'll never use anything else. I love it so much and I no longer have any 'no-reply' problems. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've gotten annoyed because I've changed this, a few times, and it reverts back at random times! So frustrating! Some people are no reply bloggers when they think they aren't!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a helpful thing to share! I blog and didn't realize this could happen - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had so many issues with this and recently installed Disqus myself! Glad I'm not the only frustrated Blogger blogger out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! This is a huge reason I switched to using Disqus :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow wait I have google + and am now wondering if I'm a no reply blogger! Oops! Going to fix that now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very helpful post! I'm going to pin this to my Blog Saavy board on Pinterest too! I always try to engage my readers as much as possible because I want them to come back! I need to figure out Disqus better.....

    Amanda
    Polish & Plates - Polish Addict, Beauty Junkie, Foodie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for your help on this issue! I have the same problem!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have went through this process so many times. I wonder why I still get kicked into no reply blogger status.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post is the best! I was a no reply blogger for the longest while!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE that you did this little tutorial!! It's one of my biggest pet peeves too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE this! Totally stealing and sharing (and linking back to you!) for my Friday post next week (if that's ok!). You explain it so clearly and easily. I've had some new people stop by recently and I want to write back and respond to them but I can't and like you said, you just hope they stop back by and see that you replied. But how often to people remember to do that? Not very. At least I know I don't. I totally was a no-reply blogger for so long too and was so happy someone showed me how to fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay can you let me know if it works?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment still came up no reply. Not sure if you have tried fixing it yet or not.

      Delete
  19. This was a great explanation and I just updated my profile and settings! I have Disqus installed on my blog and love how easy it is to view and reply to comments!

    ReplyDelete