Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday Favorites 10.24.14

Happy Friday!

Today is the first day in 5 days that I am not waking up at 4:30 in the morning. So funny when sleeping in turns into 6:30 a.m. instead of 10, 11 or maybe even 12.

Another week has passed and I am sitting here shocked that there is only 1 week until Halloween? Really?! How is this possible. But really that means I am that much closer to putting up my beloved Christmas trees. I am okay with that.  

Fala la la la, don't shoot me :). 

Okay let's get onto this week Friday picks. 

{ONE} 3 Day Weekend

Three day weekends with the hubby always deserve a shout out. We each have our own morning plans but I am optimistic that we just might be able to get out of town for a bit this afternoon/evening. That would be an awesome start to our weekend.

Other weekend plans include marking a few more things off of the bucket list (it's crunch time) and letting the hubby spend some time in the garage working on the project car. Our first large wave of parts arrived and he has plenty of stuff to keep him busy for quite some time.

He keeps joking around with me saying that it isn't ready yet. I giggle but inside I absolutely can not wait to drive this car (when it is more than a frame). It will definitely turn into my "grocery getter".


{TWO} Half Ready

Sunday was my last long run (11 miles) before my second half marathon. Our route of choice a hilly, banked, country road to Kansas that was pretty dark at 5:45 in the morning. Regardless of all of that, it was awesome. This isn't the first time that we have ran to Kansas. It seems like it is becoming our pre-half marathon tradition. We ran to Kansas last April before our first half marathon. I think outside of running my first half these have been my favorite runs. There is just something so fun about saying you ran to another state and the scenery has been beautiful both times. 


So I feel like I can official say I am half ready. No pun intended ;).

{THREE} New Pullover

While were on the topic of early morning runs. I realized how dumb it was that both of my cool weather jackets/pullovers were dark colors. Safety is huge when running and if you're going to run in the dark it is YOUR responsibility to make sure people can see you.

So, since safety was at stake I just "had" to do a little shopping and JCP just happened to have a $10 off $25 purchase coupon.

I got a new pullover in a BRIGHT color, added safety bonus it has a reflective zipper. 

See?! That totally justifies my purchase. Safety first!


It is kind of hard to tell the color by the picture but it is an orange/pink color that is sure to be seen. 

We also scored some clearance rack bargains to. Shorts for me, 2 pairs of shorts for M to stash for next summer and a Minion T-Shirt that a certain 6 year old just HAD to have retail $100 I paid $7.96! I love a good clearance rack.


{FOUR} Knitting Again

Sometimes I feel like a poser calling myself a knitter. I really am such a seasonal hobbyist. But lately I have been doing a little knitting almost every day. I may actually finish the sweater I started last spring in time to wear it this winter!

Here are some other projects that I have my eyes on.

Boot Cuffs
Cowl
Mug Cozy
And every pair of fingerless gloves I lay my eyes on.
Yes please and thank you, now if I can only find the time to make them all...

{FIVE} Halloween Ready

Here is a little Halloween sneak peek teaser picture of M's costume.


I spent last Friday afternoon working on it and I couldn't be happier with the results.

Let's take a look back at a few of my favorite Halloween costumes.


Linking up with

Darci


Karli


Andrea

Have a great weekend!

I will see you back here on Monday!


post signature


4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the full costume!!! Cute past ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want your grocery getter! Can't wait to see her all gussied up!
    The pull over - love! And totally justified. :)
    I don't knit, but I'll galdly pay you for a pair of boot cuffs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take a cowl scarf when your finished. I don't think I have any red ones so that would be awesome!! Thanks! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I wish I could knit! I don't know when I'd find the time just now, but maybe one day. I love knitted things. And it would be fun to do it myself! FL really calls for lots of knit things too, so total win there... =)

    ReplyDelete