Monday, October 20, 2014

Hot Rod Reunion 2014

Hello Monday!

I hope your weekend was as eventful and exciting as ours was. Or maybe you got in some relaxing and that was just what you needed, sometimes those are the best.

We crossed things off of our bucket list, made a Halloween costume, enjoyed family time and I got my 11 mile sunrise run in. All of this while enjoying perfect fall weather. 
Monday feels extra Monday'ish after a great weekend.
Let's talk about our Sunday.

After my early morning (5:45) 11 mile run to Kansas I headed home where I wanted to collapse on the floor. Instead I somehow managed to fix breakfast, take a MUCH needed shower and get things packed up for the 15th Annual American Hot Rod Reunion.

Oh the drag strip, I love the drag strip. We are a car loving family through and through. It makes me so happy that our girls were so excited to be out there. 

Although, Emily was slightly less than thrilled about how loud it was. 


But after Steve gave her some ear plugs she decided she was "so happy" those were her words. "Mommy, I'm so happy". Funny side note she is wearing her jacket upside down here. 


We watched the races.


Got up close for a better look.


Inhaled some serious fumes.


And suffered hearing partial hearing loss.


Okay so maybe I am exaggerating the facts a little bit. It really wasn't all that bad.

I love watching our girl around the cars. They enjoy looking at them and hanging out with dad. We refer to these kind pow wows as drag strip 101 lessons.


They even found a pink car. They were fans even though "it's not an original, just fiberglass". Such smart girls they are. 


Lunch on the bleachers.


More cars. 



And after about 4 hours we were ready to head home.


That was a great day! I can't wait to take them back soon.

How did you spend your Sunday?

post signature


3 comments:

  1. They are like the pink ladies! esp with the sunnies while eating

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that they knew the pink car wasn't an original. Ha!!
    So much fun! And, looks like the perfect way to slip in a little tailgating, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the pink car even if it wasn't "orignial"! haha! I totally agree with Courtney - they look like the pink ladies! In fact the whole post I was hearing "grease lightening" in my head! Looks like a really fun Sunday and smart mom to bring lunch and plates along with you!

    ReplyDelete