Thursday, March 19, 2015

Girl Mom Series: Kelly, Happily Ever Mock


Hi! I am Kelly and I blog over at Happily Ever Mock.  Mostly I share pictures and daily happenings of life with my little girl Hallie.  Little girl, yep! I always wanted to be a mom and would have been happy with either a boy or a girl, but deep down, I REALLY REALLY wanted to be a girl mom! As a Nanny to 2 girls, I just GOT them! I knew what to expect!

So let me fill you in a bit on our story.  Christopher and I were really excited to start a family, and were pleased to find out we were pregnant October 2013! At our first ultrasound however, we found out that I had what’s called a Subchronic Hematoma. It was very scary and for the first half of the pregnancy, we were terrified that our little baby might not make it! The only up side of this hematoma, was that we got to go every other week to have an ultrasound so we could check on the hematoma and see our little baby. Each ultrasound the technician would give us a guess on gender, and each time seemed fairly confident that we would have ourselves a little boy.  All we cared about was having a healthy happy baby, and though I had always pictured myself with a girl, I started to get excited and look at little boy things! I found bedding I liked (even though I had my eye on the most adorable girl bedding) and started mapping out how I would decorate a little boy’s nursery!


At 15 weeks we went in for our gender reveal and something had been telling me for the few days before that I was carrying a “she” and not a “he”, so I decided to wear a pink shirt to the appointment! The technician checked on the hematoma, which praise God had finally started shrinking! Then she asked if we had any guesses on gender.  Christopher said “Boy” and then I told her that both technicians before had told me we were probably carrying a boy, but for some reason I really felt that our baby was a girl! She told me that I was right, and congratulated us on our perfect little princess! We were both incredibly happy and started thinking of girl names! (The 2 we had picked out, just didn’t feel right to me.) We agreed that we wanted our girl to have a strong name and finally decided on Hallie (which is a shortened version of “Hallelujah”, meaning “Praise the Lord”. Perfect!

Fast forward to my 37 week appointment! The hematoma had gone away, but we still had a very rough pregnancy.  Our little girl was measuring very small and our Dr. had other concerns, so at 37 weeks she finally decided it was time for us to meet our baby girl! You can read our full birth story HERE, but at 12:15 pm on June 21, 2014, I became a girl mom! Hallie was 4lb 15 oz of perfection! I had never seen a more beautiful face in my entire life, and still feel that way each time I look at my daughter!






Hallie is so much fun! I feel like I have the best of both worlds! (Great now I have Hannah Montana running through my head, anyone else with me?) She lets me dress her up in piles of pink and purple frilly clothes and wears headbands every day but this girl is rough and tough despite her teeny stature.  She’s loud, friendly and outgoing and reminds me so much of her daddy!  She is very active and has been unstoppable since the minute she learned to crawl! And boy, does this girl LOVE animals! She’s silly and sweet and each minute with her is a fun and new experience and I am enjoying my journey as a girl mom! Please stop by sometime and follow along with me!








Thank you Kelly for sharing your story and Hallie with us. She is such a precious little girl 

Make sure you stop by Happily Ever Mock and say hello.
You can also connect with Kelly through Facebook.



If you're interested in sharing your story about being a girl mom fill out this survey and I will be in touch.

post signature


32 comments:

  1. Love Kelly and Hallie! But, what a scary pregnancy oy. So glad it all worked out! She reminds me of Aria. Petite, loves dresses, but totally rough and tumble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet pictures of the little cutie!!! Can feel the outpouring of love in this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Courtney! And yes, that's definitely Hallie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable little girl! Love those FP mocs too :) I have to get some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw I love the meaning behind her name! I never knew that. And what a peanut when she was born. So precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! We love our moccs! Y'all need a pair for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! Her name was such a precious decision for us! I'm glad it fits! She's definitely not a Bridget or a Charlotte. As much as we loved both names neither felt right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bridget and Charlotte were on my name lists too! Love em, but they weren't the big winner :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember reading that and thinking it was so funny! Maybe we will save one of them for our next baby, maybe it will feel right eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is a cutie pie. I loved reading your story and like another comment said I had no idea what Hallie meant, but I LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't she the cutest! I love all the photos Kelly posts on her blog. Such a sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me too! So glad to have her invade my space today. Gotta love a girly tom boy :).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could too Sarita. Hallie is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't know the meaning either, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never knew the meaning behind Hallie's name. So sorry you had such a rough pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you! Yes, her name is super special to us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is a doll isn't she :).

    Have a great weekend Keri!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so glad she included that in her post a lot of us didn't know.

    Have a great weekend Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my she is so tiny!! I love it and that name!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cutie and I just love her name! Thanks for sharing your story!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you! I am just now seeing this! My apologies!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much! We couldn't be happier with our choice! :)

    ReplyDelete