Friday, March 20, 2015

Friday Highlights 3.20.15

Hello Friday!

This week has been an unusual one for us. The whole world around us seems to be on spring break, but we are still hitting the books hard. We chose to take our spring break the week before Easter and I am pretty sure we made the right choice. The weather this week has been cold, cloudy and rainy. I really hope April brings some warm sunshine!


{ONE} Spring Is Officially Here

Speaking of warm sunshine

Hello Spring!!!

Just in case you didn't know TODAY is the first day of spring.


Early next week I plan on sharing this years spring bucket list. It is sure to be packed with loads of outside fun.

{TWO} Shrinking Pants

Fact: When your shorts sit in your closet over fall and winter, they shrink.

It's true! I swear and most of you have wholeheartedly agreed.


This was the last photo of me being naive to that fact. A few hours later I discovered the mysterious shrinking pants and ever since then I have been on a mission to drop those extra winter pounds I picked up. 

If your on My Fitness Pal, you can find me here

{THREE} Roasted Chickpeas Recipe

Now that I am on a healthy eating kick I discovered a favorite new snack.


So yummy, you really should give them a try.

{FOUR} Bad Day X 2 = Ice Cream

You know those days that start out all wrong before you even get out of bed? That was my Wednesday. To make matters worse Marissa joined me in having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. I felt so bad for her I could cry. Instead I taught her something every young girl needs to eventually learn.

Ice cream makes everything better.


Okay, maybe not everything but getting out of the house, having a sweet treat and talking about it sure did seem to help.

Sometimes love looks like taking your 6 year old who had a terrible day out for ice cream and watching her eat it because you are on a "diet". She is so worth it though. 

{FIVE} Girl Mom Series: Meet Kelly

Yesterday Kelly from Happily Ever Mock guest posted as part of my girl mom series.


I loved sharing Kelly and her adorable little girl Hallie with you. Make sure you check out her post and find her blog for more,


Friday Linkup Parties

To see where I am linking up check out my link-up tab.

Have a great weekend!
We will see you back here on Monday.

post signature


26 comments:

  1. oh yeah that is love, letting your kids eat the ice cream! Or, at least sharing if you can have some yourself.
    Happy first day of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. First day of Spring and it's snowing where I am! But seriously, ice cream always makes everything better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, I love Kelly and Hallie!!
    I can't wait to try your roasted chick peas! Yum!
    You are the best momma! A date out for ice cream and talking about her troubles sounds like the perfect way to make her feel loved! I really do think ice cream fixes everything ;)
    Happy Spring! Sending warm weather vibes your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday and happy spring! Sure does feel like spring around here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that ice cream makes everything better!! I am super impressed that you didn't get any for yourself...that is willpower, I don't know if I could! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Thank you so much it was HARD. I am an all or nothing kind of gal. I just started this "diet plan" partaking may have wrecked the whole thing, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You lucky lady. We are on day #.... I lost track of no sunshine. I am SO ready for sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are pretty sweet.

    Aaaahhh thanks. It was so good, I hope we keep having little dates like this for YEARS to come.

    We need them so bad. It is still gloomy today :(. At least it is a bit warmer though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that just makes me so sad. I won't complain about the gloomy clouds if your getting snow. Last year it snowed a tiny bit here on the first of April... it was so strange.

    It truly does. Teach them young!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She just had such a rotten day I felt like I had to do something. Ice cream was the perfect solution.

    You too friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hate that you and Marissa had bad days Wednesday. But you're totally right, ice cream can pretty much make anything better. And Frostys are my favorite! Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are on spring break that week too! Cannot wait!!!! I got stuff to make those chickpeas! Yay

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bet Marissa loved the one on one time with you and of course loved the ice cream! You are such a good mom!
    So crazy everyone is on spring break this week. While I don't get a week off, the school I work at is on break the week before Easter and I always thought that made the most sense.
    Hope you guys have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oy vey the shrinking pants! Why must that happen? It is all the closet's fault I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My pants are shrinking at an alarming rate. ;)
    Mom of the Year for the ice cream date!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bahaha. One huge difference is that you have an extremely valid excuse. Me, not so much.

    Thanks girl.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know, right! Stupid evil closet.

    Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wahoo, only one week to go!!! I can hardly wait. I hope you love them. The honey cinnamon are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aaaahhhh thank you so much. It totally makes more sense and I can not wait!

    You too friend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Frosty's are the PERFECT chocolate ice cream. It took everything I had not to partake.

    Hope yours was great too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yes! Those pesky shorts/pants seem to shrink quite often!
    And can you believe that I have never tried Chickpeas? Love that picture of
    your sweet girl with her ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you! Hope you had a wonderful weekend and some how survived Monday 😊.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay for ice cream dates on rough days. Boo for those shrinking shorts. I don't EVEN want to try mine on yet.lol


    Thanks for linking up with us!
    Tif
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hehe, darn those shorts! I am glad I did it was just the motivation I needed to make sure they actually fit when I want to wear them. Hooray!

    Happy almost Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for linking up at the TGIF Blog & Instagram hop! I agree ice-cream is perfect for a rough day and shorts shrink during winters! I am featuring your recipe on this weeks TGIF hop!


    Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  26. No problem I love a good Friday link-up!

    Thank you so much that is so exciting 😊!

    ReplyDelete