Friday, March 6, 2015

Friday Highlights 3.6.15

Hello Friday!

I am so, so excited for the weekend to be here (as always). First off all, hello, it's the weekend. Secondly this weekend is the turning point in the forecast.

We had a warm spell in early February but for several weeks now it has been down right cold. Next week brings back some 50 & 60 degree weather. That is such good news for my sanity. I NEED some warm sunshine and the kids desperately need to burn off some (a months worth of) built up energy.

Onto our Friday routine.

 

{ONE} 1 Year Blogiversary

Yesterday  celebrated my first blogiversary, I am completey surprised and excited that my blog has survived for a year. Not only has it survived it has grown. I started with nothing and here is where I am a year later


I know I still have SO much to learn and my blog is still just a baby but I feel encouraged.

More than numbers my favorite part of blogging has been the friendships.

I am constantly amazed at how connected I feel to people I have never met.
Thanks for being part of a great year!

{TWO} Giveaway

To celebrate one year I decided to put together a giveaway.


I am giving away a Pretty Girls Handmade scarf. I will email the winner with some pattern choices to pick from when they are selected. You will also receive a $5 Starbucks gift card. 

Be sure to enter


{THREE} Bread Making

I posted this picture on Monday.


I received so many comments asking for recipes that I thought I would share them here

French Bread
Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Bread making isn't nearly as intimidating as it seems. Don't kill your yeast and properly let it rise and voila, the rest is a cinch.

For more bread recipes be sure to follow my Pinterest boards.

Follow Our Pretty Little Girls's board Bread Recipes on Pinterest.

Follow Our Pretty Little Girls's board Sweet Bread Recipes on Pinterest.

{FOUR} 5 Things To Look For In A Church

Last week I shared the news that our church home of 6 years is closing. I just want to say a huge thank you for your support and prayers. Not just for me and my family, but our church as a whole. 

Earlier this week I did a post on 5 things to look for in a church.


We will definitely keep this list in mind as we look for a new church home.
{FIVE} Follow Friday

Today I am doing my first #followfriday on Instagram


Here are this week accounts that I would recommend following.
Be sure to check them out!

Shirazinmysippycup

Friday Linkup Parties

To see where I am linking up check out my link-up tab.

Have a great weekend!
We will see you back here on Monday.

post signature


32 comments:

  1. Bread is pretty intimidating at first, but totally easy and fun once you get the hang of it. Lots of give and take in the recipes too as to flour additions. I like that about it though. You go until it feels right. Now I want to make bread! Rolls are my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday! I love that you're a bread maker! It all looks so professional!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blogiversary!!!!!! Glad to find your blog--love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for warmer weather!! It's supposed to warm up here too but sadly I think it's coming with rain. I'll definitely have to check out your bread pins, sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy will be warmer!!! Yayy!!! That bread looks amazing- going to have to check out those recipes! Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY for warmer weather! I have to admit that I'm totally dreading our 88 degree weather next week! TOO SOON! I'm going to die this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh girl I can only imagine. I would be dreading that too. If it could just stay in the 70's all the time I think I would be okay with that.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely check them out, they are all pretty easy and so good.

    You too friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nnnnoooo!!!! Spring showers should at least wait for spring. If you are like us you really need some sunshine.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much dear :).

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha ha. I LOVE making bread. I have been making 85% of our bread for almost 2 years now. It looks professional, but it is so simple really. Especially since I have a stand mixer.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, yes, yes.

    I think rolls may be my favorite to. Do you have a go to recipe? I really like this one.
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/School-Lunchroom-Cafeteria-Rolls/Detail.aspx

    Usually I half it because it make SO many and I still end up with a pie plate and a 9x13 pan. They freeze really well though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for sharing the bread recipes- I am excited to hopefully try in the feature- they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We're supposed to have warmer weather next week. In the 40's. Ha! That sounds pathetic, but it has been SO cold! I'm really looking forward to it! Happy blogiversary! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy moly... those bread recipes! Thank you for sharing! I made my own cinnamon rolls once and now I think I may need to try my hand at bread. I'm off to start pinning from your boards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it all this week!!!! I'm so excited for the mid 50s and 60s to be back in North Carolina....bring on the grilling!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness your bread looks amazing! Try as I might, my bread NEVER looks that pretty. Checking out your recipes, because even though it may not turn out as pretty I can at least cook so it will turn out good :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. 50 and 60 degree temps! Perfect running weather! Whoop whoop!!
    That cinnamon raisin bread sounds so good. But the yeast. That always scares me away.
    And, thank you so much for the #followfriday on IG. You are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy blogiversary! My 1 year is actually on St. Patrick's Day:) I love your scarves so much--especially the black/pink/teal plaid one, so I hope I win! Prayers that you find the perfect church for you.

    Thanks for linking up with us at H54F!
    Tif
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are so welcome, the cinnamon raisin is my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness, bless your heart. It is a crazy thing when in the 40's seems warm but I remember feeling that way last week myself.

    Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are so welcome! My favorite part about making my own is avoiding SO many stupid ingredients. It is crazy what they put in bread.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hadn't even thought about the grilling!!! I definitely need to do some of that SOON!

    Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Haha, it's all about the right camera angle ;). You are so welcome.

    Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I KNOW!!!! It was 53 last night and my partner and I went for a 9 mile run starting at 8:30 pm. It was AMAZING. I would run 9 miles every week if it was always that enjoyable.


    I used to be afraid of yeast to, then I learned to just use barely warm water and TADA!

    You are so welcome friend.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so much!

    That is awesome. It is so fun to think that we were both getting started blogging around the same time.

    That is my favorite scarf too!

    Hope your weekend was great.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Blogiversary! Your scarves are so beautiful! I'm still praying that you find a church! By the way, I really enjoy reading your blog. It's so uplifting! Thanks for linking up to H545

    Della

    delladevoted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you so, so much. The prayers, the compliments it all means so much. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I said weekend, and I meant to say week. Can you tell where my brain already is?!

    ReplyDelete