Today I want to share with you one of my new favorite snacks. I have wanted to try roasted chickpeas for quite some time now but had little motivation to do so until recently. Not only are they a tasty snack, great to munch on and easy to make. They are also kid approved and don't sabotage your calorie intake either.
The star of the show is the garbanzo beans, aka chick peas. I found organic options at both Walmart and Aldi both priced under $1 a can. You also can cook your own if your prefer to go that route.
1 15 oz can of Garbanzo Beans
1 T olive oil
1/8 C grated parmesan
1/2 t garlic powder
1/4 t sea salt
pepper to taste
1/2 T olive oil
1 T honey
1/2 t cinnamon
1/8 t nutmeg
1/8 t sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Drain and rinse the chickpeas, lay them on towel and gently pat to dry.
3. Place chick peas on a cookie sheet using either a baking mat or parchment paper. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes
4. Toss the hot beans in the season, oil mixture coat evenly and return to cookie sheet. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the bean have reached the desired crunch. We prefer ours on the extra crunchy side so I generally bake a bit longer.
5. Cool and enjoy. The beans will keep in an air tight container for about 4 days!
Have you ever tried roasted chickpeas?