Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Roasted Chickpeas Sweet & Savory {Recipe}

Yesterday I shared about my "magical" shrinking pants. I want to tell you that I found great comfort and relief in knowing that the struggle really is real and I am not alone. Thank you!

Today I want to share with you one of my new favorite snacks. I have wanted to try roasted chickpeas for quite some time now but had little motivation to do so until recently. Not only are they a tasty snack, great to munch on and easy to make. They are also kid approved and don't sabotage your calorie intake either.


The star of the show is the garbanzo beans, aka chick peas. I found organic options at both Walmart and Aldi both priced under $1 a can. You also can cook your own if your prefer to go that route.


Ingredients:
1 15 oz can of Garbanzo Beans

Garlic Parmesan
1 T olive oil
1/8 C grated parmesan
1/2 t garlic powder
1/4 t sea salt
pepper to taste

Honey Cinnamon
1/2 T olive oil
1 T honey
1/2 t cinnamon
1/8 t nutmeg
1/8 t sea salt

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Drain and rinse the chickpeas, lay them on towel and gently pat to dry.

3. Place chick peas on a cookie sheet using either a baking mat or parchment paper. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes

4. Toss the hot beans in the season, oil mixture coat evenly and return to cookie sheet. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the bean have reached the desired crunch. We prefer ours on the extra crunchy side so I generally bake a bit longer. 

5.  Cool and enjoy. The beans will keep in an air tight container for about 4 days!










Have you ever tried roasted chickpeas?

post signature


28 comments:

  1. This looks so simple and wonderful! I'm adding it to my list for next week. We have been looking for some healthy snack options :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to try these, you just gave me the motivation! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, you sound exactly like me. I had been wanting to try them forever, so glad I finally did. You are welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are a great snack option, especially if you want something quick to grab with a decent amount of protein in them. I hope you love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recipes! I love chickpeas - can't wait to try these out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a fan of chickpeas, but my husband loves them. I'll definitely have to make these for him! Thanks for sharing this recipe, Beth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently discovered how tasty roasted chickpeas can be, but I am super excited to try yours. I LOVE the combo of sweet and savory together, so these sounds fabulous! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look really good! I think I'm going to have to try them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! You definitely should give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are so good! I really like the honey cinnamon because of that sweet salty combo next time I might even add a bit more salt when they first come out of the oven at the end. Mmmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aaaahhhh, what a good wife. You are so welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, I've NEVER thought of this before but I think I'm going to try this weekend! Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are so good Ashley. Much better for you than nuts or chips too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You tried this before and get mushy ones? Or am I making that up? I tried before and they turned into tiny bullets of black death. I really need to give it another go. And perhaps watch them in the oven better =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo yum! Those look good! Never eaten chickpeas before (only in hummus) so I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow to die for yummy! I love chickpeas and this savory recipe sounds like something I need to try very soon! Sharing and pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never got mushy ones but I have heard of people that have. I think the trick is to roast them before adding the other stuff and to test them as you bake to make sure they are crisp enough. Black bullets of death, lololol. YIKES! Give it another try and set the timer. We LOVE the cinnamon honey ones.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was the same exact way! I LOVE hummus so I thought they couldn’t be all that terrible. Definitely give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are super yummy. I put some savory ones on my salad tonight and was really pleased with them. The honey cinnamon are definitely a favorite for the girls though. I can’t wait to make up some new flavors too!
    I hope you like them

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait to try these! I have soooo many cans of chickpeas -- brilliant! aaaand PINNED!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't tried chick peas with or in anything, let alone stand alone. But, those honey cinnamon chick peas look so delish!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope that you liked them! The Honey cinnamon are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WHAT? I figured that you might just be a hummus girl. I LOVE chickpeas. The honey cinnamon are easily my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Seriously going to have to try these! Like I tell Mason, "you'll never know unless you try it!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sound advice to live by even in my 30’s. Hehe. The Honey cinnamon are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete