Thursday, March 12, 2015

Girl Mom Series: Sarita, It's My Girl's World



Hi! I'm Sarita, two time girl mom to almost six year old Cass and two year old Anjali.  I blog about our daily adventures over at it's my girls' world.

From before I could remember, I've ALWAYS wanted to be a girl mom. Shine and sparkles, bows and ruffles, the Lorelei Rory relationship, it's the stuff that the finest teenage dreams are made of, folks…. I wanted a girl so much, I named and called my first bump Cassia before I found out she was a girl (a little weird, I'll admit). I was beyond thrilled when I found out she actually was a girl…. I absolutely loved my daughter and being a girl mom….

When I was pregnant with my second, almost everyone predicted I was having a boy… different pregnancy, carrying differently, 'you have the girl, now it's time for the boy'... I heard it all. I tried to take it in stride but I couldn't help but get a little defensive. For one,  I loved having a little girl and would have loved another.  For another, I don't have a sister, I've always admired the bond that sisters have and because of that I wanted Cass to have a sister... And lastly, in my heart of hearts, I've always felt like I was meant to be the mother of girls…

Boy am I glad I was right! I cried tears of joy when I found out it was another girl.    One daughter was such a blessing but with two we have an abundance of riches. My husband always calls us his two million dollar family.

But being a girl mom is so much more than parties and dress-up (though my girls have not disappointed in that department- my jewelry cupboard and shoes are in a constant state of disarray). We have our work cut out for us in this sometimes male dominated world. I want my kids to be happy, strong, well rounded and balanced…. though they have their dolls, we also play with trucks , build towers and do crafts.   I want them to have a strong sense of self and love the girls and women they will someday become. They need to know that they can do absolutely anything they set their minds to….. I truly believe that it's my girls' world…. and your girls too, my girl mom friends ;-)  At the end of the day, I want my girls' nails to be dirty, their hair to be messy but their hearts happy.

…. and if you ask me when I'm going to try for the boy, I will cut you…. okay, maybe not but you'll get some serious side eye…

XOXO
Sarita.

Thank you so much Sarita for sharing your story and your beautiful girls with us.

Make sure you stop by It's My Girl's World and say hello.
You can also connect with Sarita through these social media outlets

Facebook ~ Googe Plus ~ Pinterest


If you're interested in sharing your story about being a girl mom fill out this survey and I will be in touch.

post signature


39 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me be a part of your wonderful series, Beth!!! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a sweet post! My husband and I don't have kids yet, but until about a month ago I had always thought I'd be a boy mom, but since the family I nanny for had their baby girl (they have a 2 year old boy already) I could totally see myself being a girl mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of my little gal who we were actually convinced was a boy! Looking back I laugh at how off my instincts were, I wouldn't change being a girl mom for a

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone thought hallie was a boy too! So glad she's my little princess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think been wrong guessing the gender for each of my pregnancies, I didn't even try the last time. I guess I just don't have that women's intuition thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarita, I feel you on not wanting to "try for the boy" if I had a choice- ALL GIRLS :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha! Thanks Whitney! That's always been me too. I would have been blessed with whatever God decided to give me but happy that we agreed on me being a girl mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha! not only do I think I have it, I'm pretty good at guessing other's as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen Amen I agree with you ladies completely. Although I am sure if I had been blessed with boys I may feel the other way :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Justine I just make a guess, then reverse what I am thinking and usually that is always correct. So really I am just consistent at guessing wrong, lol :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. :) Being a girl mom is just so fun and if she was a boy she wouldn't have that awesome donut skirt :). Hehe he!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol, so true with my first I was COMPLETELY convinced she was a he. I had even purchased boy clothes. Oh my, so so so wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girls are so much fun Lisa! Boys are a lot of fun too though (from what I hear). It's pretty much going to be awesome either way :).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here's hoping the next one will be a girl too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. After having a precious baby girl, I couldn't imagine life without my first as a girl! :) Who knows if we'll have a second, but either way, I love being a mommy to a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally agree with you both but since we have girls its worth celebrating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this post. When I was pregnant with my son, everyone assumed I wanted a girl. (Because I'm a girl and every girl wants a girl, RIGHT?!) I wanted a boy. I wanted one boy and that's all I ever wanted. People make assumptions based on the norm, but us trailblazers just have to blow people's minds. ;) ;) ;) I adore girl mamas, I love to steal peaks into their motherhood. I think mamas like you are fulfilling such an important role (as we all are, really) that was specially made for you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it!! Love the beauty of creating a balanced girl- so wonderful reading stories from Other girl moms :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know exactly what you mean. I look back and think how strange and funny it was that I thought I would have a boy, now knowing how wonderful it was to have a girl. So much fun to be a girl mom.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh me too Keri, it is beautiful and a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amen amen. I couldn't agree anymore with that. It is a very important role that was specifically designed for us. That is what I always say "you get exactly what you need" pink or blue it's going to be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww, so glad you got the girls you always wanted. You're doing a great job raising well-rounded, happy girls that have such a sweet sister relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE all the quotes! Having a little girl is a wonderful thing! Great series!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks Sandra!! Those quotes are really what I want for my girls and their life ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks girl. I don't have a sister so I'm so glad my girls have each other :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks Kerry!! It IS hard work but so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks girl!!! We all are. And agree with Beth that we get what we need :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh man I completely agree with Sarita on this one. I ALWAYS wanted a sister, so glad I get to live that out through my girls.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great post Sarita! You're so right that being a girl mom is more than dress up and parities - even though those are lots of fun -- so is watching girls build things or help daddy and play with tools and mud and dirt.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yes, yes, yes. We do lots of dirt digging, tool playing and helping daddy with anything. So much more than the girly stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my gosh so did I! Lol I kept them till she was born just to be sure!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Haha ha. Oh goodness that makes me feel so much better.

    ReplyDelete