Tuesday, March 17, 2015

I Swear My Pants Must Have Shrunk

Welcome to This Weeks Tuesday Talk!

Meet your hosts!
Becky from BYBMG, Beth from Our Pretty Little Girls, Chelsea from The Contented Wife, Elizabeth from All Kinds of Things, Tara from Mrs.Coach Sims, Keri from Living In This Season, Sarah from Abiding In Grace, Lauren fromSimply Free , Andrea from Mitchael Journey, Jessica & Katie from Sweet Little Ones, Mandy from Almond Place, Teressa from Teressa Jane

Saturday started like just about every other Saturday. Up before the sun, spandex on, stretched and meeting my running partner Anna.This week we were set to get in a 9 mile run. The weather was amazing and the run went pretty well, especially seeing we tried out the new local half marathon course that feels like a constant slow incline. 

I hate that course. 

By 8:30 we were done and I was standing outside my local Walmart with a mission to grab some chocolate milk and cinnamon rolls.


I came home showered, ate and proceeded to clean. The house was a hot mess. A rough few weeks had left me lazy and I needed to get things back in control. I am generally a bit OCD when it comes to keeping things clean, but I can have my lazy moments.

I started in our bedroom (where I spent the next 3 hours cleaning). Upon straightening the closet I got all my shorts down from the top shelf. For some (crazy) reason I decided to try them and it was then that I made a "shocking" discovery.

I swear my pants must have shrunk.

I mean pants do that right? You put them away for the winter and something about the cold and sitting for so long they just shrink a bit. The good news is they still buttoned, the bad news is they are definitely a bit more snug than they were last year. I could have been sad, but I wasn't.
 It is just now mid March, challenge accepted.

Here are a few things I am doing to get ready for shorts and bathing suits.

1. My Fitness Pal // Calorie counting can be a drag, but I would rather know than be naive.

2. Gym time // For months I have been talking about wanting to get more serious about my training this is just the motivation I needed.

3. Stop eating garbage// To say I have gotten pretty liberal with my diet over this winter would be a bit of an understatement and clearly it shows. I am joining a friend with a plan to switch out 10 meals a week for very healthy ones. 5 days a week eating oatmeal, 5 days a week having a salad that totals 10 much healthier choices than I have been making. 

4. Accountability// Not only am I doing this with a couple of friends. I decided to put this on my blog for all to read. No hiding, no being ashamed. Just being who I am, keeping it real and letting others know my plan to change. Having accountability is key to success. 

5.Be Content & Confident// So I gained a few pounds over winter. Do I want to change that? Sure! Do those extra pounds make me any less beautiful? No! You are so much more than a number on a scale or the tag sewn in your pants. Letting those numbers control you physically and emotionally is foolish. I believe in being strong and confident and taking control of those numbers on your terms. 

Never loose confidence in yourself. 

Our Pretty Little Girls
Now it's your turn, grab the button and link up!

An InLinkz Link-up


post signature


31 comments:

  1. Love #5! So important to not focus on the numbers. sounds like you have a great balance with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you fail one day, no biggie, just get back up and try again the next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. I'm pretty sure they just shrink a little when they aren't being used.
    Time for tightening the belt! Good for you. Yay

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking that with all this running you've been doing, your muscles are just bustin' through the fabric and making it hard for those shorts to fit over them! ;) Seriously though, you are beautiful! Love your goals just for being healthier. It's amazing how making small, healthy decisions like that make you feel so much better over all. But I must admit, I can't stop thinking about chocolate milk and cinnamon rolls now. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree- something about sitting in the closet or drawers make them shrink :) And I am desperately needing to clean our house; it's so difficult to do on the weekends when all I hear is "Mommy come play!" Haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness I know. I am happy and sad that the girls play pretty independently now days. But they do "bug" me to play a lot. I just make sure to take several breaks.

    Glad it's not just me on the pants :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are welcome Cathy! I will check it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. #5 is really #1 in my mind I just wanted to save it for last... I should have just numbered them backwards!!! I TRY, key word try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exactly! I couldn't agree with that any more. Just like a little kid, they just stand up and get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew it wasn't just me! Ha!

    Sadly it is, but honestly I am pretty excited. I feel SO much better when I am "being good".

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh lady I could just hug you, but sadly it jiggles. Thank you so much. I do feel SO much better when I am eating better. It is hard some days but overall so, so worth it.

    I know right?! I wish I had known that would be my last splurge when I was indulging ;).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pants shrink all the tie. Totally agree with you! Kudos to your journey to being healthier (although your dedication to running shows that you do try to be healthy).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes pants definitely shrink after not being used for a while. They start to wither away from sadness of not being used ;) But good for you! I'm trying to get healthy as well. Every Wednesday I've been keeping myself accountable and reporting results...so far so good, but we're only at week 3...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I knew they did ;)! Thank you so much, I am pretty excited about finally buckling down again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad mine aren't the only pants that do this :).

    Thank you so much, what is your blog link, I wanna make sure I check out those posts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like what my husband and I are starting to do! Ill have to find you on My Fitness Pal ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. http://foxysdomesticside.blogspot.com/ :) Thanks! Right now I'm doing something called The Slow Carb Diet, it's basically Atkins but with a cheat day. It's really for losing fat, so far my husband things it's totally working, which is good, since he's the one that looks at me. My clothes are fitting a bit better, but no weight has come off, but I'm going to assume my fat is getting turned in muscle :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I like the idea of swapping out ten meals! That's definitely an "easy" and attainable fix.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Isn’t it?! Between that and being more aware of what I am shoving in my face I should be back on track soon. Although, ignorance is bliss…. until your pants don’t fit, lol 😊.

    ReplyDelete
  20. While I don't love calorie counting, it can help to get back on track! A few months after having baby #2 I did that for a few weeks, and that was all I needed to reset. Then I stopped doing it. :)


    I agree with #5 also! I think it's important to take care of our bodies...but there is so much more in life to focus on!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I don't even want to think about putting on my shorts... ahh!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amen, sister. And good for you for setting some new goals.
    This whole pregnancy thing brings all sorts of changes that I don't particularly love (like the fact that my thighs inevitably get much larger than I like), but like you I've recognized a few things that I know I can change or control to better my situation.
    I can't wait to hear about your meals and how they benefit you down the road!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't wear shorts because I am so white... problem solved, wear a dress? Haha. Totally an enabler and not a helper!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lol, I'd look a little funny running around in a dress :). I do wear a lot of dresses though, but I shorts are definitely my summer go to. I love an enabler, I often play that role myself.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yeah maybe if I stick with it I will do a post here in a few weeks!!! I always hate to do one of those posts and then fail so I'll give myself some time ;).

    And good for you too! So much about pregnancy you can't control but doing what you can when you could give up deserves applause.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well you have an extremely valid excuse dear :). Me, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yeah I don't think I will have to do it forever... maybe just until I loose a few pounds and get on track again. It takes so much time is what I hate!

    Yes there is!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just read Elizabeth's comment and laughed - I don't wear shorts either! But it's bc i'm so short I have a hard time finding the right length... now capris - that's my summer thing for sure! I totally loved this post! I still say your pants really did shrink! :) But good for you - sounds like a solid plan you've got going! I like the swapping of meals ideas. My problem is my meals are pretty healthy... my it's nap time I've earned my diet coke and chocolate problem is my problem!

    ReplyDelete
  29. It was pretty funny wasn't it. I used to be a capri girl but last summer I made the switch to shorts and loved it. But I can relate to the short struggle but with the opposite problem. I don't want to look like I am wearing daisy dukes!

    It has been a great change I am working on day 5 and still going strong. I don't thing anything is wrong with a little indulging, as long as it is in small amounts. I however have NO self control. I am an all or nothing kind of gal so for a while it is going to be nothing :(

    ReplyDelete
  30. Haha! I am with Elizabeth there - too white for shorts. But on a more serious note, you've got this friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks friend. I sure hope so. I don’t want to pop a button 😉.

    ReplyDelete