Friday, March 13, 2015

Friday Highlights 3.13.15

Hello Friday!

Finally Friday once again. I am so excited for this weekend to be here at last. After our crazy busy Saturday last weekend, something more laid back sounds wonderful. All I have on my agenda is some snuggling, TV watching, baking, a 9 mile early morning training run and maybe finally working on that new pallet sign.


{ONE} Farewell Mystery

Tuesday I shared a final post about the church we have called home for 6 years. 


Sunday we had our last service and we will soon begin the process of finding a new church to call home. I want to say a HUGE thank you from the bottom of my hear for all of the kind words and prayers that you all have had for our family. It means so, so much to me.

{TWO} I Kind Of Hate Him

A few months ago I signed Russ up to go run a 5K with me. I must have caught him on a good day because he didn't even hesitate when I asked. The race is coming up in about 3 weeks and he (finally) decided he might want to start training. Thursday night we were able to go for a run together, his first run in forever and the guy manages to pull off a whole 5K in just a hair over 30 minutes. I kind of hate him. I worked for months to do what he did his first time out.


It was really fun to be "the couple running together" though. I have admired those couples from the car more than a few times and it was even more fun that I imagined. 

{THREE} Easter Dress Shopping

Last year Marissa and I had a shopping date looking for an Easter dress. We had so much fun trying on and picking out the perfect dress. This year we have plans to go shopping again, with Meme.

(Dressing room photo from last year.)

I can't wait to hit up the stores this afternoon and see what we find together. 
Plus starting our weekend off with a little shopping sounds pretty perfect to me!

{FOUR} All Sons & Daughters

So I bought a c.d. this past week. Which left me with the question who buys the actual c.d.'s anymore?! 


After a quick survey on Instagram I was glad to find out that I am not the only one out there still doing this. This album is amazing, seriously so so SO good. It will be in my car on repeat for at least the next 3 months. #sorrynotsorry. I really feel like God is renewing my heart for worship again and it has been so good for me.

{FIVE} Girl Mom Series: Sarita

Yesterday I had my first guest post in my first ever blog series.

It was so fun to share Sarita's story with you. 


I am excited to say there are A LOT more girl mom stories coming in the near future too.

Friday Linkup Parties

To see where I am linking up check out my link-up tab.

Have a great weekend!
We will see you back here on Monday.

post signature


22 comments:

  1. Love daughter shopping for my girls!!! And now as they're getting older and have more formed opinions, it makes way more sense!! Happy Friday and happy running! Love couple's exercising!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love All Sons and Daughters - my fav! CDs are perfect for when driving around! That is so fun you guys ran together... My brother did that once with a 5K and I was amazed! What a cute tradition for easter dress shopping- love it! I may have to do the same :) enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, it is definitely more interesting with them having stronger opinions. I am excited to see what she picks out. It should be a very fun day.

    It is so cute isn't it. We were running and I grinned and said "Hey we're "that" couple right now". :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is such a good CD, it came with the DVD too, which is equally awesome.

    Shopping is going to be so much fun! You have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 2 girls and 2 boys, girl shopping is SO much better!! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, Easter dress shopping sounds like such a great time. I loved when my mom and I would have little outings - just the two of us - to find the perfect outfit/dress for whatever occasion might call for it.
    Gosh, I can't remember the last time I bought a CD. Maybe college…??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to start the tradition of Easter dress shopping with my girl! My mom and I always used to do that together...and sometimes still do! That's Sean...he can just go for a run and run 5 miles. It's insane! I can't run with him, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go girl with that run! The only place you'll see Michael and running to is the grocery store so kudos to you guys! Dress shopping with the girls, I DIE. I can't wait to start that tradition with Maddy. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Easter dress shopping has to be so fun! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look how much M has changed since last year! Y'all will have so much fun doing that again. Such a fun tradition.

    Have you ever watched How I Met Your Mother? There is an episode where Barney just decides to run the New York Marathon because Marshall has been training for it and he totally does it.....and it's hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your weekend sounds totally up my alley. Tonight I made some chocolate chip banana bread, tomorrow I plan to make a goodie for our early St. Patty's Day celebration on Sunday and I plan to do a whole lot of snuggling and TV watching as well. Lazy weekends are the BEST. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can totally imagine how that would be true. You definitely have more options in the girl department. But it is a lot easier to get yourself in trouble :).

    You too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was so much fun. I just love seeing her personality and taste come out.

    Whoa! I seem to average about one actual CD a year. This one had a DVD bonus with it so that was nice and a little more worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aaaahhh :). It was so much fun. We had such a great time and Meme spoiled us like always.

    Lol, darn those boys. I think they can just pull it off because they are stubborn!

    ReplyDelete
  15. :) Thanks.


    Oh my goodness we had SO much fun. I just love watching her shop and seeing her opinions come out. She is such a girly girl.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is SO much fun. Definitely a tradition to continue every year.

    Hope your having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh gosh the fact that you noticed that too kind of breaks my heart a bit :(. It is so fun and so silly, she loves PINK.

    Bahaha, never seen that one but I can totally imagine it. Russ would totally do that to me, beat me and then laugh. Ggggrrrrr!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well I said I was going to be lazy I ran 9 miles at 6:00 came home showered at breakfast and cleaned the house until 5:00. Spring cleaning is totally the opposite of lazy #fail. I will try again for lazy tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes you can totally hate on the hubby for that running without training! No fair at all! I can't wait until we get back to weekends like you described! Sounds like heaven to me. Especially the running! It's going to take a long time to get back on track but I know it'll be worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good cause I kind did. I think his pride kept him from walking but I at least wanted him to appear miserable when we were done... he didn't.

    Totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the fact that you and your hubby are running together. I wish mine would run with me. I also love the annual Easter dress shopping too. Thanks for linking up to H54F!

    Della@ Della Devoted

    delladevoted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, I don't see it becoming a habit, but I love it too. I will enjoy it while it lasts :).

    ReplyDelete