Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Tuesday Talk: A Church Called Mystery

Welcome back for another week of Tuesday Talk
We are are so glad you joined us. We hope that you'll grab the button, link up and mingle around.


Our Pretty Little Girls

Mystery

6 years ago on an Easter Sunday we walked into a church. A church that was located in the middle of downtown Joplin. A church that had a weird name. A church that would soon become our family and be a huge part of our life for the next 6 years.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that God brought us to Mystery for a purpose.

To learn and grow, share, serve, love, live life with and ultimately to come to a greater knowledge of exactly what The Gospel truly is.

Words can not even begin to express how much the people who made up the church mean to me and my family.

This Sunday was our last service as a church. We met for one last time to  live, love and enjoy before our church closed. Knowing I wanted pictures, (lots of them) I took my camera and today I wanted to share a few of those with you.












Mystery, you were beautiful. You were truly the hands and feet and I will forever be thankful that we got to be a part of you.

"The Lord your God is with you wherever you go." ~Joshua 1:9

Now join in with me and my amazing co-hosts and link up what's going on in your corner of the blogging world.
Becky from BYBMG, Beth from Our Pretty Little Girls, Chelsea from The Contented Wife, Elizabeth from All Kinds of Things, Tara from Mrs.Coach Sims, Keri from Living In This Season, Sarah from Abiding In Grace, Lauren fromSimply Free , Andrea from Mitchael Journey, Jessica & Katie from Sweet Little Ones, Mandy from Almond Place, Teressa from Teressa Jane


post signature


19 comments:

  1. Great final memories! Thanks for sharing with us. Saying goodbye to something so special is hard but looks like you've got lots of memories to keep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful final day as a church. So many amazing memories I will never ever forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was AMAZING. I will never forget what that Sunday was like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why did it close????? That's heart breaking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad. Definitely random name. I like the bldg though! bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sad- I LOVE seeing churches like that though- just full of God! Praying for a new church home for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It may be the hormones, but I teared up with this post.
    I continue to pray that you find a church just as beautiful and amazing as Mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our pastor felt like God was leading him to resign his position and due to a huge amount of other factors it was decided it was for the benefit of the church to dissolve. Hard stuff but God is going to use it for good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was, it really, really was. You hit the nail on the head. It was so good and so beautiful, but so, so hard too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is a whole Biblical take to the name. Ultimately it all ends up pointing to Jesus being the Mystery that the bible speaks of. But I decided to spare you that. It was funny to answer the question "what church do you go to" I think some people thought I was being a jerk. HA!

    They put the building up for sale yesterday, I cried.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So full of God, real people really loving each other and Jesus. It was so, so good.

    Thanks for the prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha. We would be quite the pair. My emotions have been a wreck for the past week. I cry about almost everything (and no I'm not pregnant lol). I am just a huge emotional train wreck over all of this ^.

    Thank you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful church you were privy to attend. Love the sense of community you guys obviously had!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes indeed, the community there was abundant! I can only hope and pray our next church has something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful church community! I hope you find a new and equally rewarding one very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It really was wonderful. Thank you so much we are hoping and praying that we find one soon too!

    ReplyDelete