Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Saturday Recap: The Circus & Ninjas

If I had to pick a few words to summarize our Saturday they would be fun and over-stimulation.

I woke up Saturday prepared for a crazy busy, exciting day. We had tickets to the circus in hand, a birthday party to attend and cousins coming to town that we don't get to see very often. One of those would have been exciting but add all three together and WHOA!

First up was the circus. Let me just start by saying to the best of my knowledge I have never been to a circus before. So not only was this a first for the girls, it was a first for mom to. Why I didn't get a picture of the 3 of us is beyond me. 



We saw aerial acts.




Horses


Motorcycles in steel cages.


My favorite, the elephants and much, much more.


Marissa LOVED the circus, Emily.... she talks like she loved it but while we were there, there was a whole lot of this. 


Immediately after the circus we headed home, relaxed for 10 minutes and left for a birthday party.

A ninja birthday party. Our good friends Jonathan and David recently celebrated their 6th and 4th birthdays so we joined them for some ninja style fun.



After the Ninja party was more cousin time, pizza, home and spur of the moment 9 mile run that started at 8:30 at night.

Now that was a BUSY Saturday.

But it sure was a fun one. 

How was your weekend? 
Did you do a recap post? If so, leave me a link 

post signature


20 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! The circus looked like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a busy day! But I'm sure it was a great day. Busy days sometimes end up being my favorite days! I remember going to the circus when I was a kid, so much fun! Would love to take The kids when they're a little older. Our Saturday---http://everythingshunkydorey.blogspot.com/2015/03/2015-daffodil-festival.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Ninja party! So cool! I'll have to keep that idea in my back pocket! The circus looks pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To my knowledge I have never been to the circus either!! Now I am going to check out where there is one near to us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad the the circus was a success! What a busy day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That ninja party is adorable!!! Love busy days filled with lots of memory making! I remember taking Lily to the circus for the first time EVER when she was just sitting up. Crazy how time flies. She loved the lights and the loud sounds. Now, she would freak of the loud sounds and be all about the stinky animals. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! The aerials look really cool and the ninja theme is great!

    Meg of An Affair of Character

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun weekend!! I can imagine everyone was pooped too that night. The circus is coming to town here soon, and was wondering if my 17 month old would like it, or if it would be too much. What do you think?

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a crazy, fun weekend. I really enjoyed the circus. Everyone should go at least once :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was great. Busy days are nice but man the weekend FLIES by so fast. You should totally take them someday down the road. Everyone needs to go once at least :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. She did such a good job, I really should have taken more pictures. Head band party favors, balloon ninjas to fight, ninja themed snacks, super super cute! Back pocket that idea for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehe he! You just have to go, at least one time :).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely a success. I slept so, so good that night we were all wiped out from way to much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We sure did :). But I do hope this weekend is a bit (or a lot) more laid back :).

    ReplyDelete
  15. We slept SO good that night.

    I think it really just depends on her. If she doesn't mind the loud craziness and has a decent attention span you might have fun. Emily (4) got burnt out on all the waiting. But sometimes the younger kids don't mind that as much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The aerial acts were my favorite for sure. She did such a good job on the ninja party, I should have taken more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was a great party

    Bahaha. Emily was pretty impatient with all of the waiting but she did much better with the loud sounds than I thought she would. The stinky elephants were so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeah the life of a circus animal is kind of sad isn't it.Those elephants were just so sweet I wanted to go pet them :).

    The ninja party was AWESOME, she did an amazing job. You should totally have one of those in your future!

    ReplyDelete