Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Getting To Know Me & My Blog

Recently I was nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award by Elizabeth at Chasin Mason.
I am always a sucker for a fun Q & A post so I had to play along. 
I hope you have as much fun reading as I did answering!


1// What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?

Initially I started this blog as a creative outlet for myself. I also love the idea of the girls being able to look back on the life we had together. Someday I hope they read it all even if it takes them weeks. It is like our virtual scrapbook/diary that we get to share with others. More recently the blog has been growing and that is really exciting. I still try and keep most of the posts centered around life with my girls but being able to monetize the space a bit has been fantastic. I would love to do more of that in the future, 

2// What have you learned about blogging since you started? 

That bloggers are some of the coolest people you will ever get to know.
Blogging is more than just words on a screen.
Being unique is hard.
Great photos really help to tell your story.
Sometimes you think you are posting something for yourself or opening up about a struggle that you feel alone in and you find out someone else needed to read what you had to say and you aren't alone after all.
It's more than just a hobby. 

3// Provide a link to your favorite blog post.

Picking just one is really hard but the very first time I took off the mask and really put myself out there I wrote this: I Don't Need a New Year.

Through writing this post I learned so much about myself. 
I also learned that I can use this blog as a powerful tool to share Gospel truth with others. 

4// Have you made virtual friends because of blogging? Have you met them "in real life"?

Definitely! The friendships have easily been the best part of being a blogger. I never in my life imagined I could connect so strongly with individuals I have never met but time and time again it has happened. I have yet to meet a blogging friend in real life but hope that I get a chance too in the near future.

5// Does your family read your blog and if so does this affect what you say or how you say it?

When I started nobody read it (literally no one) but now parents and grandparents read it. I love that they are able to stay in touch with what we're doing and they get to see plenty of photos of the girls too. I do feel I must point out that Russ does not read my blog. He says "Why do I need to read it, I live it". I am WAY to nosy to take that approach but if it works for him that is fine with me.

I would be a liar if I said that knowing my family reads my blog doesn't affect what I post about because it does. Probably best that they are around to keep me in check ;).

6// What's your favorite thing to eat and drink in the summer?

The summer means a garden and the garden means fresh homegrown organic tomatoes. That said we have definitely been eating our fair share of BLT's add a little avocado and it's the perfect summer meal. 

My favorite summer drink has to be iced coffee which I have recently nailed. Be watching out for a post on that in the next few weeks. 

7// Are you a nail polish fan? If so, what color and what brand are your favorite?

Nope. I am pretty no fuss and even something as simple as nail polish just doesn't work for me. I used to always keep my toes painted but just this year I have recently gave up on that too..

If I do paint my nails it is something dark like a red, purple or gunmetal color. 

8// What is your go-to meal for dinner?

If I am looking for something I can make pretty quickly that everyone in our family loves I usually make grilled pizza. Other favorites are tacos, hamburgers or grilled chicken. 

9// What is your favorite holiday and why?

Christmas!
I LOVE Christmas. The decorations, the magic and the celebration of our saviors birth. It really is the most wonderful time of the year. 

10// What is one piece of advice you would give fellow bloggers?

You get out of it exactly what you put into it.
Growing a blog is a lot of work and something that does not happen over night. Keep posting, sharing and reaching out and the growth will happen. I also have to add be yourself and be real. 

Thanks for the tag to do this post Liz.
I hope it has been fun to learn a little more about me and my blog.

Your turn: If you are a blogger what is your favorite part about blogging?

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.