Friday, August 8, 2014

Oh Hey Friday: Week 4

Friday, Friday once again. The end of another busy week and we are ready to get this weekend started! It is going to be another fun and busy one!

This weeks Friday 5:

{ONE: Last Day Of Summer Break}

It's here guys, the Friday I have been dreading. This is our last official free weekday before kicking off the 2014/2015 school year. This summer has hands down EASILY been the best summer we have ever had. We have done more, stayed up later and went to more events than ever. The summer fun will keep on for a few weekends, especially seeing we still have a couple things left on our summer bucket list. But for the most part it is time to buckle down and get into more of a routine. Especially on school nights.

{TWO: Swim Lessons}

Yesterday was the last day of swim lessons. I am so glad we signed the girls up. It did make for a busy couple weeks, but it was definitely worth it.

Note: That boo boo on M's face happened when she tried to ride a rubber foam tile down her grandma's stair case. So, so scary! She somersaulted more than half the way down. Talk about a heart attack. 

A more detailed swimming lesson post will be coming sometime next week!

{THREE: Free Haircuts}

Did you know that the JC Penney Salon is offering free kids hair cuts the WHOLE month of August?! Marissa has been begging me to get her hair cut for a few weeks now so we are headed to do just that this morning. She gets her hair cut and I save some money, double win. A haircut for the price of a tip seems pretty great to me.They are also donating $1 from every cut to The Boys and Girls Club.


{FOUR: Race Weekend}


Or ice cream.

This is race weekend! Saturday night I run my 3rd and final 10K in a 3 part summer running series. You better believe that I will make it my goal to eat every calorie I burn (and a few extras) in post race snacks. 

{FIVE: My New Area Rug}

While browsing the aisles of my local Lowes I stumbled upon a rug that I liked but was to cheap to buy. Lucky for me it was now half price this week when I looked again.


Sometimes being patient really pays off!



Have a great weekend!

post signature



5 comments:

  1. Love that area rug!!!! And FREE kid's cuts? Girlfriend, I've said it before & I'll say it again! You are the queen of deals!!!! Love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was she TRYING to ride down the stairs? lol crazy children!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEED to have that rug! I've recently fell in love with red. It's sort of weird really.
    And look at ya'll kicking that bucket list's booty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost had a heart attack imagining that scenario!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOHOO for swim lesson. I cannot wait to read all about it!
    The rug - LOOOOOVE!
    And, you ROCKED your 10k this weekend. Hope to read about that, too!

    ReplyDelete