Wednesday, August 6, 2014

It's The Little Things/ Drive-in Movies


For weeks I stocked the local drive-ins Facebook page. Every Monday morning I would eagerly await the announcement of that weekends movies. I was waiting and hoping that a kids movie would play for what seems like weeks. I was so happy when a friend text me last week saying the week was finally here, Planes Fire and Rescue was showing. 

Finally the girls would get their first trip to the drive-in.

On Sunday night we packed up and headed out. They were so excited but they didn't have a clue what to expect. "What is a drive-in movie?"



We showed up early to snag a spot in line. It is pretty normal for the cars to be lined up for over a mile. Waiting gave us the perfect chance to squeeze in another picnic.



Finally after waiting for what felt like a whole day in "little time", it was finally time for the gates to open.


Playground time was finally here. 




Front row seats! So worth getting there early.




Hanging out with friends, watching an awesome movie and eating way to much yummy food and snacks. Definitely another great summer night to remember.


We are totally rocking this summer. I can't believe it is almost over already.



Have you been to the drive-in lately?

post signature



4 comments:

  1. This is the coolest post ever. I used to love drive-ins as a kid but my kids haven't been to one yet. Because of this post, I googled drive ins in our area. None :-(
    Looks like you guys had a blast!!


    <3 Sarita
    www.itsagirlgirlworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you suppose to sit in the car? That is way too awesome that you have a drive-in. I thought they were extinct. I've never heard of one around here. They should bring those back. Have the big screen and parking spots on a gradual hill, and people come to your window and you can order food...like sonic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like SO much fun! I have wanted to go so badly this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like the perfect summer activity! I can't wait until Marcus is a little older to do this. So much fun!!

    ReplyDelete