Tuesday, August 19, 2014

2014 H.A.M.B. Drags, My Inner Pinup Girl

Friday night was my favorite car show of the entire year,  hands down. The 2014 H.A.M.B Drags. People come from all over the U.S. to Joplin, Missouri. Why Joplin? Well, it is pretty centrally located and has a pretty sweet drag strip about 20 minutes outside of town.

Friday night really kicks the weekend off with a huge car show in a nearby hotel parking lot. My favorite part of the H.A.M.B drags is that I get to embrace a part of me that often doesn't get much attention.


My inner pin-up girl. 


Guys, I swear I was born in the wrong era. If I had enough time, and hair spray, I would sport this look on a daily basis.


Since I was all dolled up and it was our anniversary weekend this guy took me out before we headed to the show. We grabbed a quick bite to eat at one of our local favorites Red Onion Espressoria. Toasted ravioli and a side salad with the best salad dressing ever, yes please!


After dinner I tried to take a selfie  of us in the Model A. However I may just be the worst selfie taker ever. Every single one was blurry. So I picked the best of the worst.

Pitiful. 

Sadly by the time we got to the hotel we were arriving around sunset. I didn't take many pictures but I did manage to snap a few before dark.

There she is our 1930 Model A. We are pretty convinced that she needs a friend so we may just have to do something about that in the near future ;).



The evening consisted of walking around, telling lies, drinking beer and a bunch of guys revving up their motors. Not the typical girls idea of a great date night but it is a winner in my books.



And if you want a glimpse of some of the ear drum bursting motors we were listening to, watch this. This short video is only a small fraction of the noise we heard.


My ears were still ringing and hurting the next day.

Best H.A.M.B. Drags ever.

post signature


6 comments:

  1. You are so gorgeous! Love your pin-up look. Stunning.
    The car show looks pretty awesome. Hopefully your Model A will find a good friend soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love your hair! I have to ask if it is all yours? How do you get it so long?

    ReplyDelete
  3. snort, nice shirt...can't ban these guns. =)
    Such a fun look, and you certainly rock it! Your husband had to show off his hot wife!
    I remember getting a salad when I was a little kid and it had the best dressing of all time! It was too long ago for me to remember where or what it even was. Prob in elementary. But, I have not forgotten it! If only I could find it again! Or had any clues haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a looker you are! Love the makeup most!
    And it's not a typical date night but it's fun nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your pin up look - you look totally beautiful lady! This looks like such a fun night! My hubby hates selfies so blury or not you still got the photo!!

    ReplyDelete