Tuesday, August 5, 2014

On Tap

On the second day of our getaway we spent the day in Springfield, Missouri. After a morning of checking out some local shops we quickly decided on lunch at one of Russ' favorite places to eat.

Springfield Brewing Company


This gorgeous old building is located down-town with two finished open floors. They serve great food and a great beer, complete with a running brewery inside.

It is hard to tell from this picture, but that is Russ sitting at our table and you can see the brewing area behind the glass. 


After an awesome lunch we took a walk about 1/2 a mile down the road.




Mothers is an awesome brewery located one hour away. Sadly unless you live in or have visited Missouri, parts of Kansas or parts of Arkansas you are clueless about the awesomeness of this place. They opened in May of 2011 and were rated #1 new brewery the year they launched.

We checked out the grounds and went inside for a tour.


And maybe a tasting or two. 


My favorite parts about this place was that the owner was the one giving the tours. I think that says a lot about his passion and involvement in his business


Russ has been wanting to come here for well over a year now. After a weekend of no complaints about shopping, craft stores and letting me pick wherever I wanted to go I think this was a great way to end our trip.



post signature


4 comments:

  1. We have a couple places with in-house brewing and those are always our favorite to visit. It just has a great fresh taste that you don't get anywhere else. They just opened another one closer to the city that my hubby and I want to check out next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breweries are awesome places. I was privileged to go to the Guinness Brewery in Dublin, Ireland, back in 2011. It was one of the coolest places I visited. I even tasted the beer (though I wasn't a fan). You can see the pictures of it in my albums on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good wife =) I miss all the breweries we had out in Boulder, and I don't even like beer...but it was just a good place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm, why haven't I heard of Mother's?! Shame on me. Looks like a great way to cap off your weekend!

    ReplyDelete